Tuesday 15 November 2011

Nice emails


This morning I received a lovely email -
"I wanted to share this with you, back in September when my son turned 1 years old. We bought him an owl poster when he was born, so it was fitting to have a dots and spots inspired cake!"
What a lovely idea - thank you Leanne - I think the cake looks fab. I love getting emails like that.

Our Owl Posters have been around now for well over a year and a half now and sell so well. I thought I would share with you the process of how they were created.


I draw out the initial design just to get the scale correct....


then trace through the design in reverse, onto the chosen paper, via my light box.


I then tear around the pencil line to create the shape.


The smaller detail then gets torn out and stuck onto the design....


and inked in.


Slowly the design begins to build and take shape.


The worst bit to do at this stage, is the inking in - get something wrong now and it all has to be started all over again!


This design was titled 'One, Two Twit Twoo'



The alphabet design was a little trickier, particularly at the composition stage, trying to fit in all the letters.


This design was named the 'Owl- phabet'



Finally the third poster in the set - 'The Owl Family Tree'




All 3 posters get sent out in their own red tube, so ideal to give as a gift. They are available in 2 sizes and as you can see from the above photo, look fantastic framed. They fit an Ikea Ribba Frame perfectly - made to measure!


I really do need to start thinking about my Christmas shopping - it seems to be creeping upon me so quickly this year.

6 comments:

milly and pip said...

What a lovely email to receive. Some customers are just so lovely :0)

Kelly Innes said...

fascinating to see how you get to the end product. I am seriously impressed by your customer's cake skills too

Just me, Leah said...

Thanks for sharing your creative process! It's very interesting to see how it works :) x

Bagladee said...

Bloomin' fantastic!! I love them all. And the dots and spots inspired cake is lovely.
Emma x

Celestial Charms said...

So very beautiful!
Maureen

Gilly Tee said...

thank you for showing me these, you have just solved one of my Christmas present dilemmas. I'm now off to your shop.
Gillx