Tuesday 29 November 2011

My brave boy


Life here at dots and spots HQ is a little disjointed at the moment due to my children. Sam has to go into hospital on Thursday to have some dental surgery - which he really is not looking forward to having done but wants to just get it over and done with now, as it's been hanging over us now for nearly a year.

He fell badly in Reception aged 4 and really damaged his 2 front teeth. One of them has grown normally but the other, had to be removed and x-rayed, as they were unsure if he had an adult tooth. He has in fact got an extra baby tooth which is blocking the way of his adult tooth. They are going to remove the extra tooth, attach a clip and chain to his adult tooth and fingers crossed, all going well, they will gently pull his adult tooth down into position with the aid of a brace over the next couple of years.

As with these things, nothing ever goes to plan and my normally healthy boy developed a bad cough on Saturday, so has spent the day with me today, trying to get himself healthy in time for Thursday. Tomorrow Sophie's school is striking and I guess Sam will be home with me on Friday recovering. In between all this I am madly trying to keep up with orders, complete my card designs and finalise all the art work for the new catalogue. Never a dull moment I guess - I'm looking forward to Saturday when it's all over!

I will endeavour as ever, to get orders out to you as quickly as I can but they may be a day or two later than normal - sorry.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Wow that sounds quite a stressful time for you all. I hope your son is ok and that all goes well (and that he gets over his cough too). As a brace wearer when I was a teenager he has my empathy.

Good luck with getting all your orders done - fab stuff by the way xx

www.daisyley.co.uk said...

Oh my oh my that sounds excruciating. Poor Sam and poor you. There is nothing worse than anticipating something like that & it is just awful to see your "little un" suffering so good luck to you both.

VintageVicki said...

Ouch poor little fella - hope it all goes well for him :)

Little son is back to the Orthodontist in the new year to see whether he's finally lost enough teeth to have a brace - if not, they are taking the last few out (haven't told him that!).

All things nice... said...

Oh hope all goes well,the poor thing, I had braces on my teeth for years, it's good to get all sorted when you can and when your young. Best of luck to ye.

All things nice...

Fay's Studio said...

Good luck to Sam. I went head first over the handle bars of my bike when I was 11 and I cracked both of my front teeth and split my lip which needed stitches and teeth needed work. I hope everything goes well. He is very brave. x

dots and spots said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments - it is on his mind a bit now so I think we just need to get it done. Fingers crossed it isn't cancelled due to his cough or today's strikes. A quiet weekend in on the cards to recover - expect it will be quite sore for a few days.