Thursday 13 January 2011

It's all go!


I can not quite believe what a busy start to the year it's been. I was busy last year but not this busy. I guess I didn't have a big show to prepare for - last year we had a relaxing look around.


So whilst frantically keeping up with all my trade orders that have been coming in, I have been slowly but surely working my way through all my show prep.


The display boards just needed a little tweaking to fit in the designs.



An extra strip or two of ribbon was all that was needed!



But everything else has been a little chaotic as I try to prepare samples for the show, amongst doing my normal day to day orders.


I seem to have little piles of things cropping up on every available surface. I have promised myself that I will be more organised at putting everything away, checking and replacing worn samples straight away, so come Harrogate in July, I won't be in such unorganised chaos.

I have also started up with a new agent in the North West who requires samples of everything so I have been trying to prepare all that too.


It's all good, I'm not complaining in the slightest, only wish there were more hours in the day!


One of the reasons that I did this was to fit in with the comings and goings of the children. Having flexibility is great but it does limit me to about a 5/6 hour day and at the moment that time restraint is really working against me!


Later today we are packing the car, in readiness for our drive down on Saturday. I teach all day on Friday - not great timing so my deadline is fast approaching. We've still to see whether or not my lovely dresser will fit in the car!! Still by this time next week the show will be over, and the fun will only just to starting , if Harrogate was anything to go by!


If you are a trade buyer and coming to Top Drawer do pop by and say hello - you'll find us on Stand F31.

9 comments:

The girl with the pretend crown said...

Stunning cards :)

Judith said...

It all looks so organised! I wish you good luck! Have a great day,
many greetings, Judith

Bobo Bun said...

I heard of you through another blogger and I'm glad they mentioned you. I've had a lovely read through of some of your posts. It's been wonderful to see how your business has slowly evolved into something so professional and enjoyable. You have a lovely blog that is full of joy.

Killiecrankie Farm said...

Your display looks magnificent - so much talent just in that small space.
And your stock rooms - talk about organised !

Fay's Studio said...

Good luck for Top Drawer, enjoy the show, it has a great atmosphere! I will come to say hello at Harrogate, as I too am doing the show. Your collection has grown and looks stunning! x

KT Mo Design Studio said...

Your cards look great and I have really enjoyed reading about the progress of your business. You very kindly answered some questions for me last year. I am at the "look around stage" and will be visiting top drawer this weekend. I know you will be very busy but wondered it you would mind if I said hello as I passed by!

dots and spots said...

Feel free to pop by and say hello - I'm useless at names so give me a gentle nudge!

All things nice... said...

You have been very busy, best of luck, your display is beautiful :)

All things nice...

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I am not a trade buyer
:( but a great fan and should be in London on Sunday....yey!!!