Monday 24 January 2011

Post show reality!!

So the hard work is just starting - poor Jeff spent all weekend typing invoices from the show (that's his bit of the business!) and now the reality of putting together all these orders is beginning to hit home! Not really sure where to start - most of them are pro-forma - they need to be paid for first, so there is an element of waiting until the money comes in.



Then get busy packing - I have been busy getting bits of the orders ready, so am feeling a little better prepared than I when I returned from Harrogate.
I have taken delivery of 16,000 postcards and am awaiting 2000 magnets and 24 boxes of tape later this week.



I have also been working on some commission work - this tulip print is for a website customer.


It's for her new home - a very good choice - very 'Spring'


But I have really enjoyed the last couple of days working on a commission for a new product. I met the customer at Top Drawer - he had his own stand and wanted me to come up with some new designs for his product. Ideally he wanted all the design work ASAP so that he could get it ready to exhibit at Spring Fair - the next BIG event on the Trade Show Calendar, in early February.



I did at the time think to myself, he hasn't a chance - I'll be way too busy to do that! BUT... my daughter has been poorly since Thursday and I have been forced to stay at home rather than work away over at the premises.



Home is where I design - so with time enforced here at home, I have sneaked off to my studio and got busy - loving every minute.

Designing is sooooo the best bit!



I can't reveal any more just yet, but if he likes them and they work how he thinks they will, they will be a fabulous new edition to the dots and spots range of goodies!



In the hall is a pile of orders ready to be weighed and dispatched in the morning. Tomorrow morning is back over to the premises, with daughter in tow to get cracking!


Might even get her to hold the end of a tape measure if she's up to it and measure out the new premises!!



6 comments:

Celia Hart said...

Well done... really excited for you!

Celia

(I think I found your blog via Do You Mind if I Knit)

KC'sCourt! said...

Well Done!
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Vintage to Victorian said...

It's all so exciting Becky. I'm enjoying following your exploits very much. The designs look super!

Sue x

All things nice... said...

Sounds like your really busy, well done on the large orders. That commissioned piece looks wonderful.

All things nice...

KT Mo Design Studio said...

It was great to meet you at Top Drawer and put a face to the blog. Thank you for chatting with me. I am amazed by your energy and inspired by your progress and love keeping up to date with it all via your blog. Good luck with everything!
Kerry

Debdor said...

I am new to your blog, but I feel compelled to leave a comment to say well done you! So nice to hear a positive story.