Thursday 27 January 2011

Measuring up!


As if I haven't got enough on my plate at the moment, I have decided to bring forward my move to my new premises by a good 2 months and set a date for the end of February.


Armed with a piece of chalk, tape measure and a copy of the Ikea catalogue, I took an hour out of my day to measure up and consider where everything should go.


I now have 5 months experience of the way I seem to work - what I need better access to - what needs more/different space. Thankfully the Ikea units my husband built for me in late August, are all easy enough to use in various ways and arrangements. Of course, I will be needing more!!

More table space is an absolute must and I am on the look out for some metal, industrial style shelving in preparation for the arrival of my gift wrap which will be very heavy - I'll also position it by the door so there isn't as far to move it.

I'd love to find an old sofa and bits of old furniture to mix things up a bit but know I wouldn't get the chance to sit on it given how busy my days are. It would look nice though!

Off to the carpet fitters tomorrow to get some quotes - dread to think how much that will cost!

6 comments:

Fay's Studio said...

Fantastic Becky! Well done. It's such a lovely update on the way your business is growing. Do you have more hands than most people? I just don't know how you manage it all! Good luck with the carpet. x

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

So exciting! Its great you are expanding!
Rachie xo

Vintage to Victorian said...

If you decide on a sofa let me know. Have one at DH not expensive. Nothing like the pressure of doing things early! Sx

Bliss Knits said...

Wow, what a great space! Can't wait to see you moved in!

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

So exciting, you really are going from strength to strenghth !!! cant wait to see it done Jo x

Pene said...

what would we do without ikea!! they are the answer to every workroom..