Friday 10 June 2011

What I've really been up to!!

Months ago I received an email asking me if I would consider my house being featured in a magazine. I LOVE house/style magazines and often wondered how you got to be featured – now I know. I emailed off some photos and blog links and thought nothing more of it but a few weeks ago I received an email.

An email to say that a well known, very popular magazine wanted to feature my little house in their November issue. I'm not allowed yet to say who it is and it won't now be November but Spring - so quite a while to wait before we see ourselves in actual print. How I have managed to keep this a secret for so long is a mystery in it's self.

But today was the day – the day of the photo shoot – I have spent the last week cleaning like a woman possessed!! For the first time, in a long time my house is gleaming, there is not a thing out of place and all those jobs that you put off for another day, have been done!!!

But it has been well worth it - the children have been given the day off from school and were beyond excited, although secretly waiting for the house to go back to normal!!

Thankfully they didn't follow through with their original idea to do a Christmas feature – I could have been putting up the tree and wrapping presents in June!!!!


Nicky and Holly did a fantastic job - arriving at 9.00am and not leaving until gone 5.00pm - we apparently had a lovely house and there were too many shots to choose from!!


So there you have it - something else on my 'One day I wish....' list, ticked off. It's been a fantastic day - fingers crossed they edit me out of every shot - I really do not like having my photo taken!!! Now I have to be super patient - something I'm not good at and wait until Spring to see our little house in print - all VERY exciting!

17 comments:

Maria - A Playful Stitch said...

Congratulations - that is such a fantastic thing to happen! Your home is so beautiful! :o)

Michelle said...

Wow thats really exciting :) x

milly and pip said...

That's fantastic Becky x

Emma Shilton said...

Fantastic! Can't wait to see all the pictures. Congratulations x

Jenny said...

Wow that is so exciting!!! Can't wait to see the feature! x

All things nice... said...

Wow well done you! You must be so excited :) What an achievement, just shows how lovely your home must be

All things nice...

Crafts @ Home said...

How wonderful, but oh... what a long wait for you and us!!!!!!!!!!
Sue Xxx

Lisa Marie Olson said...

Oh wow Becky that's fantastic news, well done you, u must keep us up to date as to when its published and we can get a copy :)xx

Unknown said...

How fantastic! I know I couldn't keep such a secret!! What a dream come true. The only way our house would feature in a magazine is if they wanted 'homes that need serious help!' lol You have a beautiful home and I will look forward to buying the magaxine to take a peek. Sue x

Nic said...

WOW!! How exciting!! So that is how you get all of the jobs done around your house...get a magazine round to take pics ;)
I can't wait to see the pics. I love looking at your house on your blog.

Deanne said...

aw thats fantastic :) so exciting xx

Tamsyn said...

Well done Becky, I thought it was only a matter of time, your pics of the house we've seen on your blog have been amazing :)

Wendy said...

Wow - how exciting! I can't wait to see the final pics in the magazine. The pics on your blog always look fab x

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

How exciting, looking forward to seeing the feature next Spring :) x

Sally said...

How exciting! Let us know when to look out for you!

Clare said...

how wonderful! cant wait to se it in print..you'll have to let us know which mag before then!

Just me, Leah said...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease remind us nearer the time so I can get the magazine :) x