Thursday 2 June 2011

The Royal Bath and West Show

Every year the Royal Bath and West show takes place just a couple of miles down the road and I must confess it's been nearly 5 years since I last went but today my daughter and I, met my sister and niece and enjoyed a girl's day out at the show.


The weather was beautiful (*whispers* a little too hot at times) but it certainly brought out the crowds - this photo was taken at 9.15am!


The show - like many others being held across the country at this time of year is an agricultural show but has many stands and stalls added in.


This pig and her piglets looked so content relaxing in the mud!


And I caught this farmer proudly displaying all his certificates and rosettes!


Of course we girls were interested in a little retail therapy - love the stripes/colours!


And we couldn't resist the local strawberries and cream.......



....even if it was only 10 o'clock in the morning!!


Titan the Robot


The Bath and West Railway


And the lovely, irresistible Cath Kidston stand.


There was an area for the traditional old style show fair rides - but even Sophie was too hot and tired by the time we got there to venture to the top of the Helter Skelter.


We had a fabulous day - feel exhausted and a little sun kissed but all very enjoyable.

The show finishes late Saturday so if you live close enough - it's well worth a visit.

3 comments:

Gilly Tee said...

I love county shows unfortunately I missed the Royal Norfollk as I was in Frome last week and missed the Bath and West as I'm back in Norfolk this week. Bad planning on my part.
Gillx

Sue said...

Glad you had a good girly day out. I love agricultural shows, such a mixture of things and you never know what you will find. Even though it was busy I bet it will be busier at the weekend!

Claire said...

Looks wonderful, yummy cooling fruit.......

A fun day out with family, wonderful,

Claire :}