Thursday 17 December 2009

Its a wrap!

I don't (yet) produce my own wrapping paper - its an idea I keep returning to though, I'd love to produce my own wrapping paper. 2 problems to solve: one storage and the other cost - being able to produce it at a price that you'd be happy to buy it from me! Anyway, who knows, maybe next year ...?!

But I do love wrapping presents - you spend time choosing that perfect gift, the perfect gift that demands equal attention and care in its presentation.

So here are my five top tips for wrapping presents:

  1. Space - clear the table, gather your tools: paper, scissors and tape.
  2. Paper - choose a good selection of papers, but always, always include a red and white spotty paper. Christmas is red and white.
  3. Boxes - gather together a collection of boxes for those odd shaped presents. So much easier to wrap this way.
  4. Trimmings - make sure you have some beautiful ribbon and great gift tags to add that finishing touch.
  5. Festive music - it doesn't matter if Noddy Holder & Slade are your 'thing' or the more relaxed charms of 'Carols from Kings', turn the music up and enjoy yourself!

Merry Christmas!



5 comments:

m said...

ooooh they all look totally gorgeous !!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Beautilly wrapped! I really like the choice of paper.

Have a lovely Christmas

Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Anonymous said...

I love wrapping paper. Your pressies look fab! Merry xmas, Kate xx

sarah-jane down the lane said...

All looking jolly lovely, which one is mine again? I hope its white dots on red, my favourite!

Merry Christmas Dotty spotty peeps,

Sarah x

Andrew Knowles said...

How about some tips on how to actually wrap the things? I can turn a standard rectangular box into an asymmetrical pyramid-cum-hexagon with a little paper and sticky tape, and that's when I'm trying very hard.

A pretty bit of ribbon or a bow doesn't disguise the mess.

Nice pictures.