Monday 12 July 2010

Nearly there!!

I really can't believe it - a whole year of talk and planning is coming to fruition - we leave for Harrogate on Friday - no turning back now. Seeing our advert in Gift Focus magazine last week really brought home the reality and the enormity of what lies ahead of us!


I have had planned in my head, what the stand will look like for months and as soon as the display boards arrived, I couldn't resist moving all the furniture out of the dinning room and have a little 'mock up' of our stand - just to make sure it all worked together and would show off all our products to their absolute best.



I found this perfect shelf system to display the little things, like our tape, notebooks and place setting cards - it's supposed to display plant pots but does the job perfectly.



You may or may not know that I absolutely love Christmas - so I did not hesitate in getting this huge Christmas Pud! scaled up for our Christmas area - I already know where I'll put it during the festive season. It does have another purpose, it hides all the catalogues piled up behind it. I've prepared 300 and will take some more with me, as I have no idea how many will be needed!



If you look around the house, piles of 'stuff' seem to be sprouting up in all vacant corners - all immensely important - velcro, bluetack, ribbon, pegs etc, etc!



And of course the vital ingredient - the cards and products themselves!



So tomorrow will be finalising how I'll string up the actual cards and postcards to the boards and attach the red spotty ribbon. There still seems an enormous amount of things still to do, but work and family life still continue and we have a performance of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' to attend tomorrow afternoon, whilst keeping up with our daily orders.
Why did I think having my own business would be easier than teaching?


8 comments:

Anthea said...

How exciting! I used to go to Harrogate and the NEC trade shows as a buyer - they are so much fun! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you have a fab show and it's worth all the effort! You have a gorgeous range of stock that I would put in my shop without a doubt (if I had one...) Good luck and don't forget to let us know how it goes :)

Anthea x

KC'sCourt! said...

GOOD LUCK and have fun
Julie xxxxxxx

joy said...

you dont really think that teaching would be easier or more fun? wishing you the best of luck, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable experience for you.
joy xx

Vintage from the Village said...

Good luck, it will be great
Sue x

HeartfeltHandmade said...

it's all looking wonderful and you look all set for the show. Wishing you the best of luck, it is very well deserved :o)

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! Well done, good luck! :) X

Unknown said...

WOW! It looks great, it must be so exciting!

I hope you have an excellent show and enjoy the experience.

Take care
Zoe

clare said...

Would like t wish you all the best..but im sure your gorgeous goodies will sell like hot cakes!
TFS Hugs Clare X Weekend Crafter X