Monday 22 August 2011

Miracles do happen!


I, for the first time in about 10 years, have read a book!!!

I have tried to read many books, since the children have been born but have failed on each occasion. When I read, I like to read it in a short, concentrated spell otherwise I end up reading the same bit over and over again as I'm too tired to remember what I read the time before.


Now the children are older and much better at occupying themselves and because I intended to switch off completely from work, I thought it was time to give it another go, so I asked Jeff to recommend a good book he thought I might like - he choose 'One Day' By David Nicholls.

He made a good choice, I read it from cover to cover during my week in Cornwall and loved it. I won't tell you what happens but I see it's been made into a film due out in the next week or so - I wonder if it will live up to the book? Will have to treat myself to a night out to see!



7 comments:

All things nice... said...

Oh I haven't read that one, must check it out. I read in bed at night some nights around 11:00-11:30, its a nice escapism

All things nice...

Beki said...

This is on my 'next to read' pile. Looking forward to it now. If someone who doesn't normally read can read it in a week then it must be good!

B x

LissyLou said...

i'm not sure if i'll read the book (i have to admit i only really read easy to read romantic novels) but i am really looking forward to seeing the film xx

Judith said...

Want to read the book and then watch the movie too, thanks for the tip

Greetings and enjoy your vacation!
Judith

Just me, Leah said...

I'd never heard of the book before today, and yet I've heard a new report, read about it on a website and now you've blogged about it. Isn't it funny how things happen like that?!

I've heard not so good things about the Yourkshire accent of Anne Hathaway though ;)

Brightonbirdy said...

I'm smiling. I never get chance to read either and took one book away for my hols too. thought it was fab and off to see the film tomorrow.

MyWifeYourWife said...

My boyfriend is obsessed with this book! It was set on the street he lives on and will tell anyone that'll listen!