Sunday 27 October 2013

LONDON!


What better way to start the half term holidays than with a 6.30am alarm wake up call.
We were London bound for the day - a mix of sight seeing and fun!

  

Harrods was the first stop - the food hall and Christmas department were our favourite's.


We then walked through Hyde Park to .....


....Buckingham Palace. 


We were lucky to see these horses go by, no idea why but hey, it's London! 


Next stop, Covent Garden for lunch and of course a trip to the fabulous Hope and Greenwood. It was here we split camps - the boys headed off to the Science museum and the girls......


..... to see MAMMA MIA!


It was B*R*I*L*L*I*A*N*T!!

I want to go again - I bought the tickets back in June for an early birthday pressie for Sophie and I and it was worth every penny.

The journey home was the only downer. We came to an abrupt stop when a tree came down across the road. This meant a horrible diversion in torrential rain, in the dark, with no idea where we were going. Not the best but thankful to get home in one piece.

I love London so much so, Sophie and I are doing it all again on Wednesday, this time travelling with the luxury of Berry's Coaches - Country Living Christmas Fair, here we come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant trip! Was there myself only last month. Enjoy Wednesday! Mandy x

artworkbyangie said...

Looks like a lovely trip. Ah, you can't beat good old Berry's Coaches - I traveled with them to see the Country Living Spring Fair earlier in this year, it was a fab day out. Have a lovely time when you go, so much to see! :)

dots and spots said...

It was a great day and now we are really looking forward to Wednesday, although i have been told by my daughter that I'm not to spend my whole day chatting too much.