Friday 21 February 2014

Making the most of the half term

It's half term and we have been making the most of a week with no real routine. Although the alarm has had to be set a couple of times, it's great not to have to do the school run.


Sophie has wanted to shop! I guess most 14 year old girls want to shop. 
On Monday we went to Bristol with the lure of Primark and following a sleep over with her lovely friend Lizzie, we went to Bath on Wednesday which I must say is my favourite. The girls went off to do their own thing, which meant I had the morning to myself. We then met my sister and niece for lunch and a catch up, so although a little (a lot) poorer, a couple of lovely days.


Sam has been encouraged to get off his computer and get out and be more active. He and Jeff are running every Sunday and as you can see from the pic, they're keen to improve on their time! He's been out on his bike and swimming - as with any 11 year old, he'd rather be on his computer but once he's out 'doing' he enjoys it. He went to see the Lego movie with his pals and had a great time.


With Jeff home on holiday too I've been enjoying days with the family, interspersed with days working in the shop and


over at the unit keeping on top of orders. I try to just pop over to the unit in the holidays, pick and pack what I have to, then save the making up etc to school time.


The weather has been changeable but we have managed to get out in the garden to do some gardening. There is lots to tidy and get cleared for Spring but I feel feel we've made a good start. 


Spring does feel like it's nearly here too with lots of Spring bulbs now flowering.
I've been out for my walks and have eaten reasonably well considering it's been the holidays, so all in all a good week. I'm in the shop again tomorrow and then it will be back to the school runs for another 6 week stint on Monday. Mind you the Easter break will be here before we know it and with Easter being so late this year, we should hopefully be due some nice weather too - something to look forward to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! I love not setting the alarm at half term. Keep those walks up! I right with you! I walk 2x 30mins each day. Just need to get back on track with healthier eating! Mandy x

Anonymous said...

I meant "I" need to get back to healthier eating. Mandy x

dots and spots said...

Thanks Mandy - I knew what you meant ;o) It's so tricky to eat 'well' when everyone around you isn't! Will get back on track properly come Monday - good luck with it too x

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Take care. Mandy x