Sunday 14 June 2015

Race for Life!


So at last the day arrived - Race for Life - Bath 5K!
After a good Breakfast.....


...... I was raring to go!


I was running with a group of my Slimming World friends, 13 of us in all and it made the event even more special. These two lovely ladies have become really good friends and have lost an amazing 11+ stone between them. This time last year they wouldn't have even imagined being able to do this and both walked in over the finish line in less than an hour - so proud of them both x


I lined up with the runners at the front.....


and finished in a respectable 26:52 
Pretty chuffed with that as it was hot and there were a few hills.
  

What a special event and for such a good cause. 
Thanks to any of you who did donate to my Just Giving Page 
 £241.00 raised 

THANK YOU!


So I'll be signing up again next year - 10K ???? 
Who knows!?!

LOVE this pic - captures exactly how I feel about my life at the moment!
LIFE IS GOOD XXX

and Daphne, you are still very much missed after all these years, forever in our hearts x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many many congrats!!!!
What an achievement!!!!
Well done!!!
Wow!!!!
Best wishes, Mandy x