Sunday 22 January 2017

January....

....is flying by!

I hate the January Sale as it starts before Christmas (this year - Dec 23rd) and doesn't seem to let up until it's done, which is the 24th this year! It seems endless but blink and January is nearly over and with the added supply teaching I've done, I can't quite believe we're entering the last week.


I always ease my way through the month by keeping busy and filling my house with flowers - you can't beat a £1 bunch of daffodils, to brighten up any dull January day.


My amaryllis, a Christmas gift, has flowered beautifully, 
timed to perfection to brighten the past week.


We have latterly had some beautiful cold days, ending with some magnificent skies.


I treated myself to a couple of hours off mid week, to go and see La La Land. Our local cinema does an 11am Wednesday screening, with coffee and biscuits for £6.50. I love it as there's only a few others in there and as I generally never get around to seeing the films I want to see, I now can. It was so good, I ordered the soundtrack and it's a perfect addition to my driving sessions with Sophie, now she can concentrate with a little background music playing. 

Have a good week - the sale ends midnight on Tuesday - I've loads of orders to get out tomorrow and then I suspect it will go eerily quiet once the sale ends - time for a good tidy up and sort out I think!

No comments: