Friday 29 September 2017

Farewell September.....



Wow! Where did September go? This month in particular, has whizzed by.


September is always a month of new beginnings and the children are nicely settle back - Sam conceding to an hour of work at the kitchen table every night, Sophie and I have continued on the Uni Open Day tours (last one in Reading tomorrow) She's busy filling out her UCAS forms and is off on a Geography field trip, so a busy girl. Jeff is in 'full on' term mode, once he goes back it's head down until half term and I've been enjoying my new job, can't believe I've done 3 weeks now, still lots to learn but I'm enjoying it. 


I've been trying to keep my eating on an even keel now I'm working set hours. It's a little tricky as to when my break is and it's only 20mins. Other than one evening, I get back at a reasonable time for tea, so other than a bit of willpower now, I shouldn't have any excuses. I've kept up the running, although chickened out today as it was raining!


I'm a few pounds heavier than I'd like to be after the summer really and this new routine to get my head around, so I'm going into October with a plan #onitoctober . Other than a day out in London at the end of half term, there should be nothing to stop me staying on-plan and my aim is to lose every week, even if it's only a pound. Christmas is creeping up and I want to be able to enjoy it and feel good.......


........so no excuses October, here I come x


4 comments:

Debdor said...

We only get a 15 minute break at the Coop, just enough time to walk upstairs, have a wee and cram a snack in! The dilemma is then whether to eat a meal at 10.30pm when I get home, or to go to bed hungry...

Blods said...

Hi Becky,
I'm a VERY long time reader but I've never commented before! Well done on such an amazing weight-loss and for maintaining for such a long time. I can't believe the weight isn't just falling off you (not that you look like you need to shed anymore) at the moment as you seem to be eating so little on this new plan of yours plus all the exercise you're doing. Was today the first day you've had breakfast for ages or are you just not photographing it these days? And you seem to be virtually bread free too! I'm so impressed at your sheer will-power, I'm sure it won't be long before you see the number you definitely deserve on the scales. Keep on keeping on, you're an inspiration!
Blods x

dots and spots said...

20 mins includes walking to the back of the store, make a coffee cool enough to drink, refill water bottle, wash up mug, eat if time, go to the loo and be back at the front of store! No time for anything really Debdor

dots and spots said...

Thanks for commenting Blods - I'm not doing badly but as time goes on I realise how PCOS plays such a big part in my diet and the way I process food, so taking sneaky bites, picking on the odd thing here and there, having a bit of cake, toast etc I really can't do because my body doesn't like it and the pounds quickly go back on, so I'm constantly on it. Sometimes the food cravings win and sometimes I'm as good as gold but PCOS is a major factor. I'm giving fasting a go as it supposedly helps PCOS, so am eating in an 8 hr window, so breakfast is being replaced by an afternoon snack as that's when I'm hungrier - all trial and error at the moment x