Saturday 9 March 2019

Just another week!


This past week has pretty much all been about work - in fact I've done 6 days in a row, my normal hours plus overtime. It's fine, kept me busy but boy is it cold! It's the end of the financial year, so lots of holiday had to be taken, plus illness, so I stepped up to fill a few gaps (just think of the money!!)


It has made my fasting/time restricted eating trial a lot easier. When I'm at work, I really don't give too much thought to food, even though I am handling it all day, so sticking to my fast has been easy. I briefly talked about it a month ago now, when my sister and I went to hear Dr Michael Mosley talk. I've decide to try fasting for the health benefits. Although my sugar levels are fine (I did a home test) women with PCOS are still more likely to have higher than normal blood sugar levels, be insulin resistant and struggle to process sugars. The longer your body is in a fasted state, blood sugars can restore and repair and once sugar is used up, your stored fat is then used.


Now this probably applied more when I was bigger - 5+ stone bigger. Those of you who have followed the blog over the years, will know that I lost 6 stone in 2014/15 with Slimming World. I still go to group but have an annoying stone I yo-yo with. Since the summer, I've faffed around trying, half heartily if I'm honest, to get back to my target weight. I'm hoping by eating in a time restricted window of 4-6 hours, it will aid my weight loss, as my danger time is late afternoon, the time when making tea. By starting my eating later, my normal snack has slotted into this danger zone, so I'm hoping my picking will stop.




My meals are fine, always healthy and on plan, it's the picking habit I need to stop. So far so good, 2 weeks in and the first week I lost 5 and a half pounds and this week a further 3lbs. I finally feel I can do this, I can get back to my target weight again and hopefully stay there - only 7.5lbs to go!


I still go to my Slimming World group every week, to weigh and have accountability to the scales. I love the support, ideas and motivation you get from group. This week was taster session and I made these Mediterranean bites - there were none left, so they must have tasted okay. The advised diet whilst fasting is a Mediterranean diet - protein, plenty of vegetables and good fats. I eat that way for my PCOS anyway, so am still enjoying my food. I've not restricted myself to the 800 calories, as I don't need to lose a huge amount of weight and would rather lose it steadily. Will report back in a few weeks time, as to how I'm doing. 

No comments: