Friday 1 April 2022

Busy week, as we go back to being four for Easter!


Gosh! this seems ages ago! The week started off on Sunday with Mother's Day. 
I worked but Jeff drove to Reading to collect Sophie and bring her home for the Easter hols.


Sam made a flying visit on Saturday, stayed the night, then met up with friends, so I didn't see him on Sunday as my 6:50 alarm (5:50 really with the clocks going forward) was way too early for him. Sophie and Jeff made tea as my Mother's Day gift, perfect after my 8hr shift and my Mum and Dad enjoyed an Afternoon Tea courtesy of Rick Stein!!


Monday was Jeff's birthday.
I was working, so didn't actually see him until gone 10pm but I made a cake for him in the morning, to share with Sophie at teatime.


Then on Tuesday Sophie and I were out the door early, Cornwall bound.


We went straight down to St Ives, my favourite and parked really easily for a change, down in the Station car park. And we were sooooo very lucky with the weather, much better than was forecast, so we enjoyed pasties and ice-cream out on the seafront, with blue sunny skies.


It was busy, too many dogs for Sophie's liking, so we headed over to.....


...Godrevy. 
Sophie stayed in the car but I had a nice wander along the clifftops. The tide was in so no seals in the bay but good to breath in the sea air. We stayed the night at Mum and Dad's.....


.....then on Wednesday morning, Dad and I went over to Tehidy Woods for a wander. 
He used to take Sophie and Sam there all the time when they were little.


We met the friendliest of Robins .....


....and the tamest squirrels.


Still lots of daffodils in flower.


We then all went out for lunch, before heading home via IKEA.


Thursday and although bitterly cold, I walked with my friend Lynn. 
I honestly don't think I'd of gone had we not been walking together. It was freezing.


So all of that concluded the month of March.....


....and today, pinch and a punch....hello April!!


Sophie and I went to Bath today, trying to squeeze in as much as we can whilst she's at home and before we go away. I promised her a cinnamon bun the next time we were in Bath together, so today was the day. They are delicious, a fabulous find. It was far too cold to really linger or try anything on but tomorrow we're Cardiff bound, off to collect Sam but thought we'd get up early and enjoy a morning shopping first.


So a busy old week. 
From tomorrow it'll be the four of us at home again. Jeff breaks up today, a full week together before Jeff and I go away for a few days. I'm working Sunday through to Wednesday, as there's an additional plinth change on. Sam is starting work on Wednesday, 11 shifts to top up his drinking money!! Sophie is finishing her final assignment and revising for her final exams and Jeff will be enjoying a well earned break. It all comes around so quickly, only 10 more days and Jeff and I will be in Naples, we get home and Sophie heads straight back to Reading for her final term, with Sam returning to Cardiff a few days later.

I then have 6 weeks to seriously focus on me, lose a few pounds before my rescheduled trip to Florence with my sister, to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Third time lucky xx

No comments: