Tuesday 18 July 2023

FINALLY!! Up, up and away....in my beautiful balloon

FINALLY!!! It happened!!

Back in February 2022, I won a Stardust Award at work and with it, £250’s worth of LOVE IT vouchers, which was a lovely surprise. My Manager was adamant that I was to spend the money on myself. So I looked through the reward scheme and decided to put my Award money towards something I would never otherwise do, a ’Virgin Experience Balloon Flight’. Our first flight was timed perfectly for our 26th Wedding Anniversary. Little did I know how fickle ballooning is……. 6 attempts and a year later than first planned, we actually got to do it, this morning!!!!!! So a really BIG, heartfelt thank you to Sainsbury’s. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do since I was a child and it lived up to all my expectations and more. It was amazing, a ‘bucket list’ experience for me and worth the 5am alarm, for the sunrise alone ❤️




















Glastonbury and Street











Wells







Our Balloon Pilot, Steve.


















We landed upright!! in a field near Wedmore. 
We waited for the recovery crew to arrive and then all helped pack the balloon away.





BRILLIANT!!

When can I go again???

No comments: