Sunday, 23 August 2026

Busy bees

33/52
Wednesday Weekly


Mid August and we are picking large quantities of blackberries. Everything is so much earlier this year. Making the most of free fruit and stashing it in the freezer. 


Jeff has been a busy bee this week, trying to cut back some of the garden. It's all looking pretty dead at the moment, so we might as well make it look awful, it can then only get better x


I've been doing some sorting inside, having a little re-jig and 
making my corner of the kitchen a little neater....


.....I've brought down the dresser top from the box room, as I intend to re-organise the box room upstairs, add in some extra storage, so I need to clear up some space.


I've also been trying to get out and walk. First conker spot of the year.


I went to Bath on Monday, had the dentist on Tuesday, met a friend for coffee on Wednesday, then went to Wells on Friday.  


We've been walking every evening after tea...


....and whilst Jeff refereed on Saturday, 
I took myself off for a walk down along the river Brue....


.....stalking a heron!!!
Every time I got close, he flew a little further down river!!


The light was beautiful.


And then today, Jo and I headed just beyond the 'nearly there trees'....


...to meet up with mum and dad and U. Colin and his two daughters (old family friends) for lunch at Strawberry Fields in Lifton, Devon. U. Colin was Best Man at my mum and dads wedding and he chauffeured both my sister and I on our wedding days, which would have been the last time I saw him. They all turn 80 this year, so it was nice to get them all together.


And whilst I was sat enjoying a Sunday roast, Jeff was busy knocking down a wall and assembling a new fence side panel. Due to the recent hot summers, the wall has moved, which in turn has meant the gate has not been able to open and close easily, so he has come up with a good solution.


And finally, this week also marked 5 years since we said goodbye to Granny x

I'm not sure where the years are going x

No comments: