Monday 22 July 2013

Productive weekend

  
In between 'making the most of the lovely weather' I got on with something I've been meaning to for a little while. I love my studio but being a conservatory it gets really hot in the summer 'when' the sun is shining. So I snuck up to Sophie's room on Saturday afternoon and borrowed her sewing machine and....


.....created some shade covers for the glass roof.
I think it looks great. Not only is it gorgeous fabric but it does what I intended - stops the sun/heat from being too much.


On Sunday morning we were up bright and early and joined the queue's at the Bath and West Showground for the Shepton Mallet Giant Flea. I haven't been for a while and was very good considering - I had my eye on a couple of nice cupboards but with Hubby with me, I just 'looked'.


We did bring this home with us - our Anniversary present to each other.
They once belonged to the Army as hatch covers. I have an idea where it will go, just need to persuade Jeff to get his drill out!


The rest of the weekend was spent out in the garden making the most of the sunshine.
Last day of hot sunshine so the forecast says, so I know where I will spending the rest of the day.


No comments: