Friday 27 February 2015

Friday Weigh-in!


So week 24 and I lost 3 1/2 pounds - YAY!


And I got 'Slimmer of the Week' - YAY! (again!)

I am so chuffed with that as I was REALLY disappointed about the last 2 week's losses of just half a pound each week, as I felt I had done nothing different. I decided to see if there were any changes creeping in that I hadn't noticed, so looked back through my weekly pics and there were! Baked oats and hifi bars were a noticeable addition to the last two weeks. On closer inspection, it wasn't the baked oats as such but the amount of fruit, sugar, honey, maple syrup etc I was having with them. I was also having additional fruit for breakfast with yogurt and fruit still as an afternoon snack. Now you can have fruit with Slimming World - it's a 'free' food and you can eat as much of it as you want but I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and one of the factors of this is weight gain due to your bodies capability to process sugar and insulin. So having identified an increase in sugar over the last two weeks, I decided to add a few 'tweaks' to my weekly plan.


I read back through my PCOS Diet book and came up with a few things to try and which could well of  made a difference this week.

1. Drink 6 cups of water a day - 1 1/2 litres.
I'm terrible at drinking water and this has been a monthly goal for ages.
2. Eat no more than 6 eggs (last week I'd had 11)
Eggs are 'free' on SW but maybe keeping an eye on how many is good.
3. Have a snack mid-morning and afternoon to keep the blood sugar levels up.
I only ever snacked in the afternoon.
4. Eat 3 pieces of fruit a day and eat them with nuts.
 The protein in the nuts helps to process the sugars in the fruit.
5. Eat 5 portions of vegetables a day and include as many green leafy varieties as possible.
I easily do this but have included spinach where I can.
6. Eat at least 2 portions of fish a week.
I eat fish but only had one salmon and tuna portion in the previous 2 weeks.
7. Eat less red meat and more chicken.
Easy to do - have planned more chicken into our meals.
8. Eat low sugar!!!


So it would seem my easy 'tweaks' may well have got the scales moving again for me. I've planned out the new week ahead with all this in mind and am hopeful for another good week.


I know I've done well, I know I've not much more to lose but I am still technically 'overweight' for my height and have always had a healthy BMI as my aim/focus/target. So as I enter the last 'losing' phase I shall be mindful of these few changes and hope they will help speed me along to the finish line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss! I am so impressed with how you have analysed your eating and found what needs tweaking. You are so committed and so deserve to reach your goal. Nearly there! MandyX
Ps, you look amazing!

Christina said...

You are still considered overweight for your height? Wowsers, I find that difficult to believe, you look SO slim.
After following your success story, I am embarking on 2 weeks of Slimming World, to help shift the extra weight I put on when pregnant with my third. I just want to see if it works for me. It's psychological with me...if I think I'm only going to do the eating plan for 2 weeks, I will have a greater chance of sticking to it! I 'only' have a stone to lose, so I'm hoping SW will give me a kick start. I've borrowed all necessary books from a friend of mine. It looks a little complicated, but I'm sure I will figure it out...especially if I start to lose weight! 😄 Thank you for being such an inspiration!
Ps I was told 5 years ago that I had PCOS. It was never confirmed with a blood-test and a scan 2 years ago showed that my ovaries weren't polycystic at all!! I do have an issue with sugar though. Perhaps if I stick to a low sugar, I will be more successful with the plan? I will keep you informed. ☺️

Josie said...

You look amazing,I'm so impressed!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your big loss this week, Becky!! Obviously the changes you made have worked! I, too, have PCOS and it definitely adds another level of difficulty to any weight loss program. I have that same book and it has been helpful to me in the past too. I think I'm going to try a few of your new "tricks" this week to see if I can have a bigger loss this week as well!