Sunday 30 June 2019

Running out of time

I feel I've been on the back foot all day today, a rare day with us all at home, determined to enjoy some sunshine, I now have loads to do this evening.


I can't actually believe today we say farewell to the month of June, a jam packed month of fun trips to see Matilda, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Paul Young, Father's Day celebrations and end of term for Jeff. Sophie's return for the summer and a trip to Reading to pack her up and bring her home. This week saw a flying visit to Cornwall to check in with my Granny, who has been a little poorly and ending the month with a whizz up the Tor last night, to see the Festival lights but instead an unexpected sunset stole the show!


Night out with Paul Young - 1983, I was 12!!


Day trip to Cornwall to see Granny and a few Cornish treats too x


We've finally had a little summer sunshine, timed brilliantly for those at Glastonbury Festival and for Jeff as he starts his Summer break. I've been doing lots of overtime at work, so grab any free 5 minutes out in the sunshine when I can.


Last night we decided to go up the Tor to see if we could see the Festival lights, ended up in a race with the setting sun. Got to the top just in time to see it set beautifully - we are lucky to live in such a fabulous part of the world.

No comments: