Saturday 22 June 2019

Year One packed up and over and out!

Been a busy old week adjusting to Sophie being back home, Jeff's end of term rapidly approaching so many different comings and goings to plan in and Sam just doing his own thing!! Glastonbury festival is fast approaching and the looming traffic chaos it normally brings in its wake, work hours are changing to accommodate this.....


.....so we grabbed an overnight stay in Reading to pack up all of Sophie's Uni stuff and bring her home fully for the summer, before the madness begins. Obligatory shot on Stonehenge...... 


...and some fabulous flashes of red poppy fields, on the way there.


We left straight after I'd finished work and got down earlier enough to pop in to Reading, a quick mooch around a few shops, then met Sophie's friend to take her out for tea! She's staying in Reading all summer as she has a job and can move into her house soon. Where as Sophie is going back into Halls next year and was fine about going back to where she worked last summer, here at home. They give her loads of hours and the pay is good! But saying that, I'm guessing she'll be back to Reading a few times in between.


As we walked back I did the embarrassing Mum thing and got her to stand by the sign for a pic! It was getting dark and I was pushing my luck asking to take another, so this was the best I got!!


She slept on the floor and I had her bed and this was my view at 6:30 in the morning - I wonder if she'll miss it!?! We couldn't do it in one day due to me working, as we had to hand in the key, so it had to be an overnight stay.


So up bright and early to pack. To be fair to Sophie, she'd made a good start and we were pretty much done by 9:15, 4 trolley loads if I recall. So lucky to have some sunshine, as it was torrential rain when we moved her in!


One empty, clean room! 
We won't talk about the state some of her flatmates have left the kitchen in!!! 


Where, oh where has that year gone? Doesn't seem five minutes ago that we were moving her in, giving her a massive goodbye hug and wiping away the tears, before leaving her to it.


The good old Micra came up trumps again and we managed to squeeze everything back in. Of course we were without Jeff but still, we had room to spare (Just!!)


So a long trip back, the A303 is notoriously bad on a Friday and it had been the Summer Solstice, so lots of extra people around, coupled with large lorries heading to the festival site. Still we were done!


A fabulous Year One!
Blink and we'll be back down, ready for the start of Year Two x

1 comment:

Angel Jem said...

My second son has finished his first year, but that was much easier for us because he lives at home! I'm looking forward to this full experience with my daughter in 2 years time. I hope the summer goes well for you all x