Friday 31 December 2021

Family

Jeff  met up with his side of the family just before Christmas. I was working but Sam and Sophie went over after Sam had finished work, to see their cousins. Usually an annual gathering but one that hadn't happened for the past two years.


Yesterday was all about family! My Mum and Dad haven't been up to our house since their Golden Wedding Anniversary in April 2019, partly due to Covid but also their commitment to looking after Granny, so it was lovely to all be together.


I set the table the night before....


....found all the treats I'd squirreled away!


I tried to make my life easy, 
Greek flatbreads, tzatziki, chicken, med veg, roasted mini potatoes, olives ....


.... a help yourself lunch!


Mum and dad got here first. This was the first drive they'd done out of Cornwall in over two years. I was worried, Dad is now in his mid 70's but he took it slow and all was fine.


Me and my Mum.
Annoyingly I didn't take hardly any photo's, was too busy.


Pud was Pavlova!


I've not made one in years....


...and Jo made a chocolate log x


Of course we missed Granny x
We talked and joked and reminisced. 
She lived a good life to the grand old age of 98, I miss her terribly but she'll always be here in spirit  and as we enter a new year, I will always look back on our times together fondly.

No comments: