Saturday 3 September 2022

Into the 'ber' months ......

 ....pinch and a punch......


.....hello September!


August was a good month!

Wedding Anniversary celebrations, Sam's 20th birthday celebrations, walks with Jo, Jeff, my friend Lynn. Les Miserables, Coldplay, Grayson Art Club Exhibition, day trip to Bristol and Cornwall. Sunflowers, figs, pumpkins, sunflowers and more sunflowers. Sam enjoyed Reading Festival, Sophie got confirmation of her job and put a deposit down on a flat to rent!!! A busy month x


So over the Summer we've made 3 attempts to take a balloon fight. I used the money from my Work Award to book a Balloon Flight, something I've wanted to do since I was a child. Disappointingly it's been cancelled each time due to gusty winds and a technical issue with the balloon! So with our latest attempt cancelled again, we'll now have to bump it into next year, as Jeff goes back to school and it's for a week day morning! One day...........


We used the day to day trip it to Cornwall instead, to see my Mum and Dad before the summer was out! Jeff had a meeting in the afternoon and Sam was working, so it was just Sophie and I.


We stopped off at Portreath to see the sea, walk around the harbour and......


.....collected fish and chips for a treat lunch to take back up to Mum and Dad's.

Popped into IKEA in Exeter on our way home, to get an idea of furniture for Sophie's flat.


Thursday we were up bright and early and on our way to Cardiff to view the flat.


They will be on opposite sides of the city but it'll be good to know Sophie and Sam will be relatively close by. Can see them both when I pop up to visit.


We popped into Cardiff IKEA after we viewed the flat. Had to rethink a few things, as with all these things, the flat was a lot smaller in real time to the video sent over. It's nice, will be perfect for Sophie but just need to think carefully about what she needs and has space for.


All the Autumnal feels now! I love September! 
A chance to reset, make new routines, a chunk of time leading up to Christmas, with mine and Sophie's birthdays thrown in for good measure! Next week would normally be the start over but it'll be another couple of weeks before things settle. Sophie has another week at home to pack!!!! then she and I will go up to Cardiff for 3 days to move her in, clean and build flat pack furniture etc. Sam will also move up to Cardiff some time in that week, to take his remaining things up to the house and start his new course.


Jeff has effectively gone back to school. He had a meeting on Wednesday, then INSET days on Thursday and Friday. Term starts 'proper' on Monday and he has a 6 week burst until half term. He does get an EXEAT when all the boarders go off the school premises for a weekend, finishing on Friday lunchtime, a rare Saturday off and I've taken the Sunday off as holiday. Plan is to got to Cardiff on the Saturday, help Sophie with anything, see Sam's house and take them out for lunch!


So the summer is drawing to a close, punctuated by all these new beginnings. For me nothing new, just peace and quiet, an empty house, no piles of washing, just one meal a day for two!! I will miss them but I will not miss the constant meal planning, food shopping, cooking, washing, piles of C*@p!! everywhere and the constant comings and goings! I will instead look forward to seeing them for  the day, meeting up, spending quality time together when we do meet up xx


I want to get out walking, on my own, with my camera. I want to pop down to Cornwall and see my parents for a couple of days. I want to go to Bath shopping, on my own! I want to clean and tidy the house and for it to stay clean and tidy! I want to get on with the painting, now it's no longer full of stuff and people! I want to focus on me, eat better, get out walking, lose a few pounds! So, still a busy couple of weeks ahead but Sophie and Sam will be off to pastures new, new adventures ahead xx

No comments: