Monday 6 March 2023

Pinch and a punch......

.....hello March!


Out of the winter slog but saying that, snow is forecast for this week!


Farewell February! Whoosh and you came and went!! 
It started slowly, jigsaws, walks, cinema trips and good telly! Health niggles with watery eyes and ongoing back physio, blame it on the menopause!! Half-term holidays, Valentine's Day, a trip up to Cardiff to see the kids and a day trip to Clevedon to see the sea. Solo day trip to London to see Yayoi Kusama at Harrods and the Evanescent bubble installation and a few days in Cornwall to see my mum and dad. Throw in lots of spring flowers, snowdrops, crocuses, catkins, primroses and daffodils and we will have survived winter! Marching into March and Spring with positivity!!


My bargain bunches of daffodils have filled the house with pots of sunshine this week x


I worked my Sunday, Monday and went in after a physio session on Tuesday. 
Had a physio session with two people and this second new lady was brutal but in a good way. They can do anything if it means there is improvement. They think they may know what is causing the pain and I have to work on lengthening a space where my pelvis and spine meet. So Jeff gets to pull on my leg!!! He looks like he's enjoying inflicting pain far too much!!! I have to wear ankle weights and swing my leg, whilst stood on a step and do ragdoll roll downs (yoga move). I fell backwards off a table 7 years ago and jarred my back, might of damaged it then but although aggravated now and then over the years, it's this past 4/5 months where I've been in real pain. Fingers crossed I start to feel some improvement.


Had a lazy day on Wednesday, got things mixed up! Thought I was meeting a friend for coffee but it's next week!!! I'll blame it on my menopausal brain!! Anyway made up for it on Thursday and went walking with my friend Lynn. 


She took me out this week and we walked locally to her.


Always lovely to see daffodils in the wild.


Friday was hair day! 
Over to Shepton for a colour and then Di came over in the evening to cut it. 
Then on Saturday I drove over to Clevedon to meet up with my old Uni friend. I cancelled on her a few weeks ago when I felt poorly. We haven't seen each other since Covid, so lots to catch up on! And, as it is with a good friend, it's like it was yesterday, 3 and a half hours of non stop chat!


We did everything together in our last two years at uni! 
She was there on the night I met Jeff! I was her bridesmaid. 
We had the best time together xx


Then in the evening, Jeff and I popped over to Wells.


We had a fab evening at Wells Cathedral, listening to the London Film Music Orchestra, play the music of Hans Zimmer and John Williams. Loved the ET and Indiana Jones theme tunes the most. We don't normally do things in term time but as this was just up the road and was finished by 8:30 it was doable.


So a busy week and a day late posting my blog! 
I worked yesterday and am in Monday and Tuesday this week. The new Financial Year started yesterday and so with it, my new hours. They'll take a while to settle into a proper cycle but tonight, I do just 4 hours instead of my usual 8!  Yay!

No comments: