Sunday 19 November 2023

53!! And feeling it!!


A birthday girl in the house this week......me!!!


53!!! (And feeling it!!)
I enjoyed a quiet day. Coffee with a friend in the morning, then a free afternoon doing nothing! 
Had my traditional 'first' mince pie of the festive season on my birthday.
Perfect!!


I had hoped to go over to The Newt on my actual birthday, 
but the weather wasn't good, so went on the Wednesday instead.


Beautiful Autumnal colours.....


.....deer!.......


........And loads of fungi!!


Had to get back for a Physio appointment in the afternoon. Frustratingly, after a good few months of self care, I've had to see a physio and been diagnosed with a frozen shoulder!! 

A very nice physio...
"Do you want the good news or bad news first?" 
Went for the bad......it can take 18 months ➕️ to recover!!!!! The good news, I'm 5 months in, seeing as this all started in June!!! I haven't done anything, didn't fall, just something that can happen, is more common in women over 50, could be hormonal, another possible gift of the menopause!!! 

I thought way back it was a trapped nerve or pulled muscle, but the pain has increased and movement become more restricted. Have been prescribed painkillers, am on a waiting list for an injection, and have a video link for exercises. I'm still in the 'freezing' stage and am feeling hard done by!! I think I'm reasonably fit, active, eat healthily but the past few years have been challenging. A 2 year dose of plantar fasciitis, an on-going year of an inflamed sacroilliac joint/ back pain, dry eye and now this!!! 

Can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself!!? 
Feeling all my 53 years!!


I worked the Monday and Thursday all day and Friday morning. It's Exeat weekend, everyone goes home and Jeff gets to finish at lunchtime on the Friday and has a long weekend. So we headed over to Ham Wall to try and catch a murmuration, but it wasn't to be! No big groups, lots of smaller groups of starlings scattered. Will have to go back again and hope for a mass roost!


Annoyingly, the weather hasn't been great. Grey, damp, miserable. Jeff has tried to get out in the garden to do a bit of a tidy up. We had hoped to get out for a couple of walks but I hate the rain!! Got up early this morning to try and get Glastonbury tickets for Sam! An hour in the queue and no joy! He and his friends didn't have any luck either. We still have the local ticket sale and last resort, the Sunday tickets. I just don't get it how some people get tickets every year. It feels pointless trying! 


Anyway, the best bit of sitting here writing this, is the realisation that I'm no longer in Sainsbury's having to work a Sunday!! It's such a great feeling. I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year and not having to work. Need to seriously get my act in gear though! As of tomorrow, it's just five weeks to Christmas and we are away one week of that! 


I have a super busy end of next week, a couple of invigilation sessions up at school and then a two week block of focus! Have done a quick check on what I've bought and squirreled away for Christmas so far, what I need to buy and what cards I've got. Once I tidy my birthday cards away, I can clear the side, ready for December the first and Advent. So a busy few weeks ahead xx

No comments: