Monday 27 November 2023

A fabulous festive few days x

Just got back from a few days away, all the festive feels x


4 weeks today and it will be Christmas!!


It's been a really busy week.
Jeff was off on Monday but the weather was rubbish and I didn't feel great. I didn't react very well to the painkillers I'd been prescribed for my frozen shoulder, so cut my morning short, came home and spent the afternoon on the sofa! Felt better by the Tuesday, so got out for some fresh air and a much needed wander around my favourite woods.


Absolutely loads of fabulous fungi about.


On Wednesday it rained!!
So I decided to get my Christmas cards written. 
7 hours later.......job done!!


Thursday and what seems like an age ago, I walked with Lynn!
I think I was away, then she was away, then I worked and the weather....


....anyway, we walked from Ham Wall to Avalon Marshes and back. 


Enjoyed all weathers, cold but good to get out.


Was up bright and breezy on Friday and headed over to Bath, 
to meet up with my sister and have a wander around the Christmas markets.


Sophie got the train over from Cardiff and joined us in the afternoon.


Everywhere was looking and feeling very festive x


My niece then joined us after school and we met up for food......


.....before the main event.....


....Love Actually with a live orchestra.
Sophie and I saw this in 2019 and it was wonderful. A really fabulous start to the festive season. You can't help but get goosebumps as the orchestra crescendos. It was my niece's first watch of Love Actually, so what a fabulous way to begin. Wonderful.


Hard to believe it's celebrating 20 years!!
And I still see something new, every time I see it!


Saturday morning was beautiful. 
If I hadn't already had plans, I would have gone out for an early morning walk.


First frost of the year. 
Had to scrape the car last night in Bath before we could head home.
Sophie came home with me last night and today, we headed to......


...Bristol!


A little shopping....


...lunch at Zizzi's...


....then Annie at the Hippodrome!
Our last musical at the Hippodrome for the year!


Another fabulous performance x


Bristol looking festive on our walk back to the car.


Sophie persuaded me that it would be a good idea for me to take her back to Cardiff!! So we went via Ikea for a little look around and meatballs for tea!! then sat and watched Strictly together x


Sunday and Christmas tree decorating!
Sophie won't get home to help me decorate our tree this year, so Christmas tunes, sparkling lights, coffee, panettone, clementines - perfect x


Starting new memories. 
It's still early but time for her to enjoy her tree, before coming home for Christmas and we get to enjoy decorating it together. I gave her a selection of our home tree decorations last year, and mixed in with new ones, she can build her own memories and traditions x


Then a bonus treat, Sam came round for tea!
Love seeing them both together x


I stayed Sunday night, then left early this morning, stopping at Cribbs on my way home!
I didn't buy much, in fact I didn't really need anything. I'm pretty much done with my gift buying this year, just need to wrap! I always like to wrap my presents once the tree is up, Christmas tunes playing and all the festive feels. I won't put our tree up until sometime late next week, usually 2 weeks before Christmas. I have a busy few days ahead, a few work sessions in the mix too, and need to give the house a good clean before I begin to get Christmassy!!

No comments: