Sunday 4 August 2024

Back to normal routines!


Back home and back to normal routines. 
Considering we were away for a full month, I didn't really miss anything! 
Obviously the children, but we kept in touch with them throughout.


I was glad that my fig tree held on, only lost a couple of figs that were over ripe 
but now have a steady supply for my breakfast every morning.


Only problem with my fig tree getting bigger, is that I can't reach some of them to pick. 
They're far too good to waste!


They're huge this year. Really fleshy and jammy x
Deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!



Came back and did a massive food shop. One of the biggest joys of going on holiday, is no meal planning, food shopping, cooking, clearing away! I hate having to think about what to cook all the time. I'm quite good at buying things on offer, stock piling, using coupons, points, special prices etc but it still adds up, particularly when you are trying to be healthy. But I do love my vegetables, so that always takes priority in the first food shop.


We came home to the garden looking very plentiful. We had set up a bit of a watering system but the rubbish weather whilst we were away, must of helped things along. Some self seeded sunflowers and the geraniums we did plant, are full of flower at the front of the house.


We also had a little visitor. 
Must have got used to having the garden to itself whilst we were away. 


Yesterday (Saturday) we celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary.
We didn't do anything, our holiday always seems like the best way to mark the occasion and the fact that we spent 24/7 with each other, for a full month, and didn't have a cross word, is a gift in it's self! 


Jeff did buy me a bunch of sunflowers, we always have sunflowers!! And I was impressed that he managed to secretly buy me a Greek card, on one of his morning coffee runs! We think we will try and do another big trip to celebrate our 30th Anniversary, add on a couple of days to be away for our actual anniversary. We did really enjoy the extra length of the trip, felt very chilled and relaxing. 


Have finally got round to putting everything away. All the washing is done and I've made a proper note of what to take and what not to take next long trip. If rucksacks are in play, real consideration for weight is key. I'm a good packer, so can squeeze in a lot of stuff but....that means it can be heavy!!  

No comments: