Sunday 29 September 2024

Week three....

...in the Gallery, done!!


I love our little Gallery team and I love the Art Department. Really lovely people and the most inspiring, creative place to work. There's no sense of dread in a morning, just a nice day ahead of me. I have to be organised meal wise, as there is no time to shop after work really, but I can also be quite disciplined, as I can only eat what I take in with me!


I also had an hour of exam training, ready for the November mocks. It was nice to have a bit of a catch up with a few of my fellow invigilators. Just one more full week to go in the gallery, then a couple of days the following week, then it's the student exhibition in January.


Jeff pops in from time to time, which goes with out saying, is also a nice little bonus. Occasionally, he'll call for me and we walk home together. When I'm doing invigilating I can move around campus more but with the gallery, I stay put all day. I have to lock it up every time I leave the room, so he has to come and see me!!


After a disappointing Exeat weekend, and more rain this week, it has been dry this morning. Jeff got some of the Spring bulbs he'd dried out, planted out it the lawn and I went to Sainsbury's and did a food shop! The weather has been really disappointing, especially as we had a rubbish summer. Looking forward to Spain at half term more than anything!!


Tried to get Coldplay tickets this week, but with no joy. Sophie did get through eventually and was offered seats at £880 each!!!!!!!I think they're brilliant live, but not for that sort of money. I did however get tickets for the pianist Tony Ann. Google 'Icarus' and you'll probably recognise the tune. It accompanies many a reel on Instagram and TikTok, and at just £27 a ticket, bargain! Moulin Rouge tickets come out next week, so I need to remember to book those!! I've a couple of things still in the diary for this year. Fairground Attraction and Will young with my sister, our birthday treat to each other. Then Mary Poppins, my birthday treat to myself and the Christmas Spectacular near to Christmas!! 
It's always nice to have something to look forward to.

No comments: