Thursday 21 July 2011

Home Sweet Home!

This morning we finally made our way home after very nearly a week away at Harrogate Home and Gift Show. We both collected the children from school and were greeted with big hugs and smiles (and a few tears!)


They love my Mum and Dad but I guess there is nothing like things being back to normal! Although my daughter doesn't normally sit in the corner of the kitchen on a pile of Royal Mail bags whilst I cook the tea!


Well what a week - we arrived in the rain and came home in the rain - so I guess we haven't missed much weather wise!


The Hall we were in is normally an underground car park but once everything is set up, you wouldn't know except for the lack of daylight and very low ceilings. As I mentioned in my last post we were lucky to park in a underground car park and get everything in under cover, out of the rain!


I love the show set up - there are loads of people busying around and all these white spaces get transformed.


Ta-Daaa!


As with anything, you plan as much as you can but should also be reasonably flexible to tweak things once you are there. This paper sample I took ages to prepare just didn't look right where I wanted it to go but it filled this blank wall perfectly!










The above photo's show off some of the details and I must say we did get some LOVELY comments about our stand from the show visitors and it really was lovely to meet so many 'virtual friends' from the Blog, Twitter and Facebook and catch up with so many stand holders from last year.........


......and meet some new! These guys from mask-arade were opposite us - great fun, great product but having to look at Sir Alan Sugar all day was a little off putting!!!


So all in all a great show - we took orders, gave out catalogues to genuinely interested people and already at home we have received phone calls taking orders! The only downside was noticeably lower foot fall in our hall from last year, which may be as a result of the current market situation and how shall I put it nicely ....... someone who has been rather inspired by our work in another hall but I will blog about that another time!!

16 comments:

bittybutton said...

bittybutton excited to start stocking your items!!! now to choose!!!Laura.xo

Just me, Leah said...

Oh nooo.....not plagiarists. They're blooming everywhere! How are you going to deal with it? I make button badges and fridge magnets and someone has started 'borrowing' our ideas and I don't know what to do.

Your stall looks amazing! I would've been drawn in like a bee to a flower if I was there x

The Pea Pod said...

Wow, you have worked so hard. Your stand looked wonderful. Here's to lot and lots of orders coming your way x

Fiona said...

Yes the stall looked great . I think you're right about foot fall. Fiona, Hannah Frank Art Sales F14

Anonymous said...

hallo! just wanted to say your stand at harrogate looks AWESOME!! this is a future dream for me, so its lovely to see photos of stands being put together and the beautiful final results. your little dots and spots area looks so welcoming and homely. i love your cards, but i think that the tape and wrapping paper is fabulous too! janine x

Locket Pocket said...

Your stand looks fabulous - so bright and cheery and I love your mugs - will you be selling them? Sorry to hear about the borrowers though :o( Lucy x

Lisa said...

I saw the stand I think you may be talking about. If it makes you feel any better, whilst I was in that hall I never saw one person paying any attention to it.

Your stand was fab and I can't wait for my gift wrap, tags and tape to arrive!

Beki said...

Yourstand looks lovely and like like locket pocket I'm wondering if you'll be selling your mugs.
Looking forward to receiving the order I've just put in.
Such a shame someone feels the need to borrow your designs.

B xxx

Katy said...

Your stand looks amazing! Although that Lord Sugar is a little scary :)

Katy
x

Victoria said...

Your stand looks absolutely lovely. Enjoy being back home. Have a good weekend. x

Unknown said...

glad you had a good show (I couldnt make this one!)so hopefully maybe see you somewhere next yr! As for the similar design I came across a supplier website this week and one of the designs was so similar I thought I had lost the plot and had opened your blog at the same time - if you could email me the details of the hall culprit I could confirm if it is the same or if there is another copycat.

Stripes and Stars said...

Your stand looked wonderful, I am sure you will get loads of lovely orders - more than the copycats who cant come up with their own designs....x

Original Art By Clare said...

Your stand looked amazing! Wish I could have been there.

GiddyGirl said...

So glad you had a good show Becky - the stand looked fabulous. Sadly, we found the shows suffered at times but hopefully you'll make up for it with hundreds of after-show orders!
Sorry to hear about the copying issue too - it's such a problem, hope you get it sorted xx

Unknown said...

I love how you have displayed the tape, it looks fantastic!

spotty N stripy said...

Was great to meet you at the show Becky and your stand was amazing - thanks for sharing your show wisdom with us! :) Zoe @ Spotty N Stripy. x