Sunday 13 August 2023

A long week!


It's felt like a long week! Monday we were up in Cardiff celebrating the birthday boy and that just feels like ages ago now!! The weather has been hit and miss, we desperately need a week of settled, dry!! warm, sunshine, just to feel like we've had a summer!


Tuesday, I met my sister in Wells for a mooch and a catch up. It rained, it was miserable, so we basically coffee shopped our way around. Ending up in Loaf for their delicious pancakes.


I've not been brilliant food wise, since coming back from Croatia! I'll blame it on the weather, lack of a goal to aim for, although I do have Amsterdam in just under 3 and a half weeks time now! I just can't seem to stop craving the carbs. Had a good fast day yesterday, hoping that puts me back on an even keel. Although as I sit typing away, Jeff is making copious rounds of toast and the smell........makes it so hard to not buckle and make myself a slice!!


I need to exercise more too!! 
Jeff and I went over to my favourite, Stockhill Woods on Wednesday.


It was actually okay'ish weather. It stayed dry!!


And because it's been so wet, there were plenty of fungi finds!


Thursday was spent in the garden, the first proper, sunshiny day in two weeks!
Jeff did a lot of cutting back in the garden. Because it's been so wet, the garden has gone crazy and so needs a good trim, everywhere!! We need to get as much done, whilst he's on holiday, as once term starts, there's never any time.


One 'happy chappy' though! A year on, from his impulsive eBay purchase, the Peugeot 205 has finally passed it's MOT and can actually be driven, rather than permanently sat on the driveway!


I spent yesterday, a wet, grey, miserable day, researching our summer adventure next year . We're planning on Island hopping our way around a few of the Cyclade Islands in Greece. It is a labour of love!! I could, and do!! spend hours and hours looking at 100's of websites, travel journals, blogs, images, flights, ferry timetables, accommodation websites...... I THINK I now have a route, chosen the islands for this trip but now need to get into the detail of each island. Where to stay, what to see, how to travel around the island, the must see things, the best beaches etc etc If we did it all, it would take months. We're saving a few places for our retirement, when we could go out of the main holiday season. One, it would be cheaper and two, less busy and crowded. So Santorini and Mykonos, the two most popular Cyclade islands, are on the wait list!! Will dip in and out today, as it's meant to stay dry but spend a full day on it again tomorrow....yep! more rain in the forecast!!

No comments: