Sunday 20 August 2023

Mid August.......

....and still no real Summer to speak of!!


We have not had any consecutive days of sunshine. No warm evenings where the doors are left open until bedtime. Just no real good dollops of sunshine! Not gonna lie, feel we've been cheated out of a summer. It just two weeks time Jeff goes back to school! So I've been planning next years summer adventure inside, whilst Jeff has been busy outside......


.....cutting back everything in the back garden......


....giving the front hedge it's annual trim......


......washing the windows!!


I met Jo in Bath on Wednesday. Was lovely to have a relaxed catch-up x


On Thursday I met up with my friend Lynn and did the Millfield Loop, whilst it's still the holidays. Although it was A Level results day, so people about!!


Friday was a mixed day, was supposed to be getting my hair coloured but Sophie decided to come home. She's having a stressful time at work with Rotations not going as planned, so came home for a few days. I dropped her off at the train station on Saturday morning, London bound to meet up with her Uni friends, and I went on for a walk over at Coombe Hill Woods, as it was on the way!


I've not been over there for ages! 
I am going to make a real effort once Jeff is back at school, to get out and walk more again. 
It does me wonders once I'm out!


Although I will say, there was a real hint of Autumn in the air!!


Picked a few blackberries along the way......


....enough to freeze....


....and with the figs and apples from the garden....


.......enough to make a .......


....crumble!!


With Sophie home, we have spent today planning our Amsterdam trip. 
Just getting a rough plan of what we want to see, where we want to go, what are the must eats!!!


Sam is still up in Cardiff, working throughout the summer in Maria's Taverna. 
Sophie heads back to Cardiff tomorrow, back in to work on Tuesday. 
Jeff has to start thinking about school, in on Wednesday and Thursday for GCSE results and then INSET days the week after, Summer over!!! I know we've done a lot but it's flown by. Even though we've no 'kid school starts' to really consider, I still like September as a start over, wipe the slate clean, fresh, new routines. In fact I prefer it to January, as a new start.


I have so much I want to do.
I want to get into a better routine, exercise, food, sleep!
I have so many jobs I want to get done - decorating, de-cluttering, re-organising.
Sophie's room and eventually Jeff's study, both need a complete makeover. 
The whole house needs doing. We moved in here 8 years ago and in some parts we need to do some decorating for the first time and then start over, painting everywhere!!
That's why I haven't got time to work!!!!

No comments: