Sunday 3 December 2023

I got another job!!

On Wednesday I had an interview......


....and I got the job!!
 Gallery Invigilator

So when exhibitions are on at the Atkinson Gallery, I will welcome visitors, answer any questions, look after the exhibits in the gallery. It's two blocks of  5 week stints, in Feb/March and Sept/Oct, so fits in perfectly alongside my Exam Invigilation. I was worried the exam invigilation wouldn't give me enough money but I think the two roles together will be enough. I'm really looking forward to it.


There is a sculpture trail up at the school. Lots of fabulous sculptures dotted around the site. So, I may be asked to go in occasionally to take groups around the trail. It's looking lovely up there at the moment with all the Christmas lights on. I'm done working now for the year, which is just wonderful. I don't know when I last had such a relaxed December!! I've invigilated a few internal exams this week and am now not needed until the 4th of January!!


Plenty of time to get out walking when the weather plays ball.
An atmospheric Glastonbury Tor


Spotify Wrapped came out this week. Always brings a flurry of messages to the family group chat. I like to listen to music in the car but it's often on the radio or a CD, I don't actually listen to loads on my phone, so I had a really low number of minutes, compared to Sam up in 50,000 plus!!


My walking friend, Lynn and I, went to Wells on Thursday as the weather was rubbish, extremely cold and everywhere is just sooooo muddy. I 'spotted' these little plates in a charity shop for £2, apparently vintage Tams! Not that that means much to me, I just liked the colour and design. There were cups and saucers which I left behind, I did joke, should I have gone back for them!!!


So Thursday was also the last day of November! It's been a jam packed, enjoyable month x


And so pinch and a punch..... hello December x


And hello Advent!


The Christmas Cupboard doors are open.....


....and slowly a little bit of Christmas can drip in daily x


The wreath is on the door.....


......the Christmas duvet is on.....


....and the Christmas mugs are in use!


Friday was a beautiful morning....


....the best way to start December.


Beautiful Ham Wall at 8.00am


Still, peaceful....


....the place to myself.....


....almost!
Not what I was expecting to see as I turned the corner!


Everything was frosty and beautiful


One fluffed up robin, trying to keep warm.


Saturday was much the same, although incredibly foggy.
I met my sister over at the Newt....


....for breakfast.....


......and a wander.


The deer were very still, stayed still as we walked past. 
They normally run off when you approach them.


We had a lovely walk, enjoyed an extra coffee, before heading home. 
It's our last chance to meet up before Christmas, so was lovely to have a catch up x


Got back home and Jeff's football game had been cancelled, so he decided to get the Christmas lights up outside. They're not up for long, so I like them up for the month of December. A little bit of cheer on these gloomy December days.


Today (Sunday) is grey and dull. A day of doing very little. 
I have finished off all my Christmas cards, popped in any notes, stamped them and.....


...posted them!
A job well done! 

I am going to get the house cleaned and tree up this week. Will be too rushed to do it all after Malaga, so whilst I have the luxury of time, the most in years, I will take it slow and actually enjoy doing it, rather than another job to be ticked off the list in a hurry! 


Thought I'd leave you with this beautiful Robin.

If the weather is on my side this week, I'll try and get over to Ham Wall again. 
It's not soooo muddy and I love to see the birds, feed them from my hand if I'm lucky x
Have a good week x

No comments: