Sunday 10 March 2024

Mother's Day xx

Today is Mother's Day....


This is the first Mother's Day in seven years, that I've not had to work!!
More later....


...but first, let's just enjoy my bargain bunch of 65p daffodils!
Always a lover of an orange trumpet!!


So, Monday was hair day....colour and cut.


I get it cut every 4 weeks, coloured every 3rd visit.
This is a peachy/pink toner, washes out in a few washes, leaving it a bit blonder. I'm toying with getting a full head of colour done next time, as it grows out so quickly....we'll see!!


On Tuesday I had a lovely coffee and catch up with two of my former Sainsbury's colleagues. It was lovely to see them, hear all the gossip but boy am I glad I no longer work there. I then popped over to Wells in the afternoon to see 'All of us Strangers'. Our local cinema is great, it's just £5 for a ticket, with a free drink and a biscuit! I'm going again on Tuesday, taking a friend. If you don't use it, you lose it.....so I'm more than happy to support our local cinema, when I can.


Wednesday, it was back to work!
Finally some sunshine but boy, was it cold!!


Week three of my five week run hosting the Sustainable Art Exhibition.
I am really enjoying working is such an inspiring, creative environment. I've met some wonderful visitors, some of the exhibiting artists, local creatives, students.....even the odd visit from Mr Peabody!! It's certainly inspired me to get creative again!! And lovely to get not one, but two, shout outs on the staff notice board. Must be doing something right!!


One of my favourite pieces......

Diptych lV by Esme Clutterbuck
Made using Bideford Black and Devon clay pigments.

I was lucky enough to meet Esme, the artist, last week when she popped into the Gallery.
Those of you who have got to know me over the years, will know exactly what the attraction is.


Friday was International Women's Day.


I gave a shout out to my girl over on Instagram. 

"Couldn't be prouder of the fabulous young independent woman she has become. Always stayed true to her beliefs, a loyal friend, dependable, supportive, hard working, ambitious and I'm so lucky that she likes spending time with me."

I've been very lucky in life to be surrounded by good, kind, supportive women. Friendships, teachers, bosses, colleagues, family members. We should all continue to inspire, support and encourage each other x


And it was the perfect day to announce the next Exhibition....

Women in Abstraction

.....I shall look forward to hosting that in September.


Anyway, back to today and Mother's Day.
I had a wonderfully lazy morning. Phoned my mum to wish her a lovely day, popped out for a walk, came home for lunch and face-timed the kids! So lovely to have a catch up! Sadly Jeff's mum is no longer with us. It'll be 17 years this October. Still feels like yesterday. She's always in our thoughts, not just on Mother's Day xx


So, we're a third of the way through March. Honestly this month is whizzing by. I've a couple of appointments tomorrow, need to do a food shop, then, if dry, walking with Lynn on Tuesday. My cinema jolly in the afternoon, then back into work on Wednesday! Time is literally flying by!

Have a good week x

No comments: