Sunday 27 February 2011

Braving the showers for Flea market finds!


So this morning it was time for The Giant Flea Market at the Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet! I have learnt from experience, that it is worth getting there early as the queues are huge.


The weather forecast wasn't good, so I wasn't surprised to see that this field, usually full of stands, was empty!


It was grey and miserable and I knew what I was looking for, so I quickly looked around the outside stands, just to see what was around. I then went back to those that interested me, then dodged the showers inside.


This stand always catches my eye - she really makes an effort, is always busy and sells her things in good condition, at a reasonable price - check out her website



I wish I had a bigger house - but I already have 2 lovely mirrors in storage as I have no room.



I did buy these 2 lovely frames £25 each or the 2 for £30!



I also got this bedside table for £20



And finally this trolley for my studio for a bargain £22
Not a bad morning's work!


The next Flea Market is on Easter Sunday and as the weather improves, so the number of stands increase. It really is worth a visit - but do get there early - as I left at at 11am there was at least a mile long queue backed up to the roundabout, full of cars waiting to get it!

8 comments:

All things nice... said...

I'm really jealous, wish we had some nice flea markets near us here at home :( Love the bedside table-so pretty and a good price too

All things nice...

Anonymous said...

great prices for lovely items.

is the flea market a regular thing at the showground? must make an effort to get to one x

dots and spots said...

It's on about 6 times a year - the next one is on Easter Sunday 24th April then not until August 28th then October 9th and finally December the 11th.
It is usually very good - well worth a visit.

Tamsyn said...

Ahh glad u got around ok. Love Adeles website she's looking really professional now :) Adele used to work for me in my shop Serendipity in Warminster..such a small world ;)

dots and spots said...

There's an extra date July 17th http://www.sheptonflea.com/

Elizabeth said...

Very nice trolley! You got some great buys there.

Dotty said...

am planning my trip in april already so thanks for the tip on getting there early x

Elle The Heiress said...

looks like gorgeous finds!