Monday 28 February 2011

dots and spots in print - this time a double page spread!


Back in the beginning of February I received an email asking for some product images for a magazine. I was happy to oblige and thought no more of it, a couple of days later I received another email....



.... asking me if I "would like to be our designer interview for the first issue" You see this magazine is brand new and I was extremely flattered to be asked to be the first interviewee!

Simply Homemade came out onto the shelves on Thursday 24th February.



So over the weekend, after lots of tweets and facebook comments telling me I was in a magazine - I just had to get a copy for myself! I soon found the Gift Ideas page and smiled to myself and continued to look for the interview, expecting it to fill a little corner somewhere.



Well I couldn't have been more wrong - it was a double page spread!!!!!


Although I say so myself, I think it looks great and really does sum up my journey so far with dots and spots.



Thank you very much to Diane and Lindsey for asking me to be part of their first, fabulous edition. It still amazes me sometimes that dots and spots has made it, into the bigger world and that people recognise it, want to tell me they have seen it and actually buy it - I feel very honoured and thankful to you all!

20 comments:

Vintage from the Village said...

Hey well done to you, what a fab magazine as well. I must have a look out for it
x

Joanne said...

Wow, well done. It looks like a great magazine and to be the first.
Hope lots of people see it and send lots of orders your way.
Way to go.

Joanne x

Tracy said...

Wow! You must be thrilled! Well done. Will go out later and buy a copy!

Crafts @ Home said...

Congratulations, I must go and find this new magazine :)

m said...

Congratulations, looks fab! That mag also looks fab - hope we can get it in Ireland.

Kerry said...

Congratulations and what a lovely surprise to find it was a double page spread!

♥ emma bear forever ♥ said...

Congratulations !

I picked up a copy of this the other day and noticed you inside the pages :)

Decofloral said...

How great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations...
GGLG Astrid

Unknown said...

Picked up a copy over the weekend and thought to myself I must comment and say a BIG pat on the back. My friend is on the page before with the scrummy cakes and she had totally forgotten about it n all. Whoop whoop hey. Ionwen XXX

Sew Scrumptious said...

Fantastic! Well done it looks great. I've been looking out for this magazine as I've heard its really lovely. x

Judith said...

That's very good news, congratulations!!! The pages in the magazine look great!
Judith

Penny said...

Wow, that's fantastic! I'm still trying to get a copy, can't wait to read it. Well done! x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

How fabulous for you. You really do deserve the recognition for all your lovely designs and hard work. Very well done you.

Just me, Leah said...

Congratulations! I'll look out for the magazine.

mythreetrees said...

I am so impressed. You deserve it. I love your work and your blog.

Mary Poppins said...

Well done you!! And very well deserved :0) xx

Gilly Tee said...

I've been looking for this mag over the last few days and can't find it, It looks great.
Gillx

Amanda said...

Well done and so deserved! your work is gorgeous!

I'm gonna look out for the magazine tomorrow.

Keep up the great work and may your success continue. I'm sure it will :-)

Amanda x

Country Cottage Chic said...

Congratulations! It looks great - hope it brings inha lots of new sales for you!

Jayne

Penny said...

Have just read the article, it's great and really shows your stuff off beautifully. I hope it generates lots of business x