Tuesday 25 September 2012

It's the little things.....


...that make it all worthwhile.


 I have had the busiest of days and a poorly boy in tow too but I came home today to a little package. It  always seems odd to see my tape on packages I receive in the post. I wasn't expecting anything, so I was intrigued to see who it was from.


 Inside was a lovely hand written letter (somehow even more special) and a little bundle of gifts from a complete stranger or rather new virtual friend - a lovely blog follower.


The spotty packaging was lovely and so very thoughtful - gorgeous spots and gingham ribbon - a perfect combination.


and inside......


were two lovely handmade pin cushions.


 I won't go into all the detail of the letter but she very kindly made Sophie and I each the lovely pin cushions after following our sewing endeavours here on the blog - the kindest, loveliest gift to receive.


 And Sam wasn't left out - a little stripey bag of sweet treats - lucky boy!


So what a truly lovely thing to happen on such a busy, rush around day - well, any day really. There really are some very lovely people out there. So a huge thank you to Sarah who has given me permission to give her a little mention - you can find out about her fab workshops over on her website *here* and follow her on facebook *here*  

Thank you!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

What a lovely surprise!

KC'sCourt! said...

What a wonderful surprise - people are so kind
Julie xxxxxxxxx

Caroline said...

How kind and thoughtful, some people are so lovely!
Caroline x