Saturday 29 October 2022

End of October


As I write this, I'm really struggling with the fact we are in the last week of October! Where has this month gone? It's actually still quite mild for the time of year but damp! This years pumpkin has done well, think Jeff's quite proud of his efforts, not sure it will get carved for Halloween though.


The large sunflowers are still bowing their heads in the back garden.
 I think that they look like giant shower heads. 
I'm hoping the birds will feed off the seeds eventually.
Jeff has emptied and refilled the front planters with bulbs ready for Spring.


The Smoke Tree is at it's best this time of year. I must say I'm not really a fan of the red leaves during the summer but then in Autumn it produces all sorts of colours and puts on a magnificent display.


So on Thursday afternoon I had a physio appointment, booked after my last HRT check up, when I mentioned my on going hip and back pain. I've noticed in yoga recently, that I just can't do certain movements, as I get pain in my lower right back and hip area. Working 8hr shifts, averaging 15,000 steps on a cold, hard floor doesn't help. It began 6yrs ago when I fell backwards off a table whilst holding a heavy awning we were removing. It's flared up in between but it's become much more noticeable and regular. So the nurse booked me in for physio and I have a pelvis x-ray in a week or so. I've come away with some daily exercises to do and a review appointment in a month's time and will just see if it helps. I MUST lose a few pounds too, I'm sure that will help!!


Friday was lovely, blue skies and sunshine, so Jeff and I made the most of it and ......


......headed up to the top of Glastonbury Tor!


Last chance of a walk together now until Christmas! He starts back to school on Monday, a 6 week slog to the end of term. He works a six day week and has Sundays off, I work Sundays! We only get to actually do things together during his holiday time, hence we make the most of it


Today, Saturday, it's grey! A day to cosy up at home. Jeff has gone out for a run and I'm going to spend my day finding out about Milan, at least have some idea of the geography of the city. Sophie is due home tomorrow, working from here Monday, Tuesday, then we fly out on Wednesday. I'm working Halloween, not really feeling it this year, so this is my contribution. Sophie will celebrate her birthday whilst we are away, all the excuses to eat cake!! She'll be 23!!! Wow! Where have those years gone? And Sam is off to Morocco with friends. It's his Reading Week and a few are celebrating their 21st birthdays, so they found a good deal and are off on an adventure! So another busy week ahead!!

No comments: