Saturday 15 October 2022

Mid October already!!


Wow! Where are the days going? Mid October already!


We've had damp, foggy starts, beautiful blue sky days.....


....and the first 'scrapper' of the year!! 


I've bought my annual jumper and will be living in it for the foreseeable.
Especially with the cost of living crisis and our efforts not to turn on the heating - 
jumpers, fleece blankets, thick socks and hot water bottles are the way forward!


And spend a few hours a day outside walking!!
 I worked Sunday, Monday, Tuesday this week, went for a quick walk on Wednesday morning, then coffee with a couple of work colleagues in the afternoon, before yoga in the evening.


Woke to a foggy, murky start on Thursday.


Had a follow up doctors appointment in the morning, a HRT catch up. Have upped my oestrogen patches and am now on oral progesterone and will see how that goes over the next 3 months. I did mention my back and hip pain and surprisingly was immediately referred for a pelvic x-ray and a physio appointment to see what's going on. I must say my back pain has become more regular and intense and in yoga this week certain moves were exceedingly painful. Somethings not right, so hopefully I might get to find out what the cause is and do something about it or find out if I have to learn to live with it!!! Either way it's a move in the right direction.


The weather brightened up in the afternoon and I took myself off over to Ham Wall.


It's always a lovely walk...


...and a few fungi finds along the way.


Friday was a catch up day, food shop, cleaning, washing, hair cuts, mattress delivery!! I've been waiting for this to arrive, Sophie's/spare room is now complete, well for now! 


Sophie couldn't take everything with her when she moved out, as she's not got any additional storage in her rented flat. So the drawers under the bed are still full, as are the top wardrobe cupboards.


I managed to find a home for her desk, so the rowing machine has moved into that space and out of our bedroom. Eventually I want to take out the fitted wardrobes and redecorate but it'll do for now.


Jeff has broken up for half term, he's off refereeing. Sam has returned, complete with beard!!!! for one night only! Partied in Bristol last night, the promise of a roast lured him home for the night and Sophie has met up with a friend this weekend in Bristol shopping. 


I'm working Sunday, Monday and have a meeting on Tuesday, then Jeff and I are off on a mini adventure to Dubrovnik for a few days, with one or the other of the kids house sitting. We've never been to Croatia, so are really looking forward to it, hopefully some bonus warm sunshine too.  

No comments: