Saturday 8 October 2022

October!


October has started out....busy!!!
I worked my normal Sunday and Monday. Work is busy! I don't know if people are changing their shopping habits, doing a big weekly shop, budgeting, or maybe it was pay day!?! But lots of big shops coming through the tills on a Sunday! I don't mind if we have enough people!!


Actually had a Tuesday off and caught up with my friend Lynn for a walk. We normally walk on a Thursday but I'm busy this week, she can't do next week, I can't do the week after that, so we squeezed a walk in on Tuesday.


Was a bit damp and grey but we walked out to Hurcot Hill.....


....to the end of the Polden Way.


I then headed in to Bristol for the afternoon/evening to meet up with my sister. We decided a couple of years ago to not exchange gifts for birthdays and Christmas but spend time together instead.


So a while ago we booked tickets to see Ricky Ross, the lead singer of Deacon Blue. 
She got the train in, had time for a quick drink before the show.....


....he has such a great voice. I then drove her back to Bath before heading home.


Wednesday was a catch up day before heading down to just the other side of Okehampton on Thursday, to meet up with my mum and dad for lunch, to celebrate my Mum's birthday.  


I popped in to Ikea on the way home, to get some bits to go in Sophie's/spare room!


Friday was dry, so I headed on up to the Tor!


I parked up at Middlewick and walked part of the Glastonbury Way.
Fabulous views along the way......


....and loads of apple trees laden with fruit.


And then today, Saturday, I went over to my favourite place, Stockhill Woods.


I was there just before 9am, foragers out picking already but there was plenty of fungi to photograph and the light was perfect.


Fungi Perfection.


I really do love the woods. I like to go on my own, with my camera, just me and the time, peace and quiet, to take a breath, relax and feel a sense of calm and stillness. I can glance at my watch and 3 hours have passed and I feel completely de-stressed from all the busyness in life.

Work is busy next week - plinth has come around again!! Jeff breaks up on Friday for half term, Sam might be coming home for a night, I have a mattress being delivered, coffee with a friend in the diary, doctors appointment, hair cut....... it's all go!

Have a good week x

No comments: