Saturday 14 January 2023

Half way!

Half way through January!!


I hate January! 
Always have done, always will......


.....until we retire and can escape to some warmth and sunshine.


I have to fill the house with spring flowers and bulbs to see me through.


And I found my first bunch of daffs in the supermarket.....


....the best one pound spent!!!


All it has done this week, is rain. Grey, wet, miserable weather. It was too wet to walk on Thursday, so I invited Lynn along to the cinema with me, to see the Whitney Houston film. Well worth a watch, on a wet January afternoon! Such a waste, such a talent!!


The roads are flooding. There is just so much water about. 


I made the most of a dry day to pop over to Ham Wall on Friday.


When the sun shone, the reeds blowing in the wind were beautiful.









Plenty of bird action too. I even got a robin to feed from my hand!!

It has been mild, although on Friday it was windy and cold. I think it's due to turn colder next week. I can cope with that, just need it to stop raining!! I should really get on with some painting but still have a few things from Christmas hanging over, to get done first!

Am working my Sunday and Monday next week. Have to change over a display or two in the canteen, if I get given any time!! Have some training to complete too. I'm really trying to compartmentalise work and home! My contracted two days a week, takes up far more of my time than it should. I did try to stand down from my GPTW Role but that was met with a NO! So I offered a choice GPTW or Plinth tickets, which are moving for once every 3 weeks to every week!! My line manager wants me to do plinth tickets, my store manager wants me to do GPTW! I have to stay strong and only do one, as this is normally where I'd cave in, not wanting to let anyone down and end up doing both!! Would happily not work at all but that's not going to happen, any time soon xx

No comments: