Saturday 7 January 2023

January Start

How do you start the month of January?


Bedding!!
Copious amounts of bedding and towels, I have multiple piles of bedding covering the utility floor! All 3 beds stripped, plus Sophie's Christmas duvet I brought back from Cardiff. Although beautiful blue skies (a rarity) nothing is drying, so having to pace myself and make use of evening radiator space to get everything dry and back on the beds!!


When the sun is out, it brings pure joy.....


...but a lot of the time it's dark and grey and miserable! 
So the candles are lit and I've brought the outside in, with all my bulbs from the shed!


The only way I get through January and February is to enjoy Spring bulbs and flowers, get outside when it's dry and have something to look forward to. 13 and a half weeks until Jeff and I next go away to Rhodes. We've never been before, not seeing it as a beach holiday, more of a restful explore type holiday. If it is nice and warm enough to sit on a beach then great, if not, we've plenty we want to see and do. 


So I worked my normal Sunday (New Years Day) and Monday (Bank Holiday) then tidied and sorted the house out on Tuesday and Wednesday, before heading off to Cardiff on Thursday, to take Sam back. He has an essay due and exams, so wanted to go back, as he works better there than at home.


I popped in to see Sophie, had lunch together, before heading home. It really is lovely having them in the same place and being able to see them both when I'm there. That's it now until half term, unless one of them decides to pop home in the mean time.


When I got home, Jeff had detention duty, so it was the first time in the house, alone! since the 16th of December, when we got back from Malaga. I love them all dearly but I do enjoy moments of peace and quiet and time alone x Friday was a day of appointments, had a phone call with the Doctor about my HRT first thing and then my hair colour, over in Shepton in the afternoon.


 Today (Saturday) is my first day of nothing planned, a completely free day.

I did spend the morning sorting out some health priorities for me, going forward over the next few weeks. My back and hip pain is really getting me down, so I'm making a few positive changes to my diet and exercise, to see if I can start to see a few improvements!


 I went out for a walk, just around the block but am going to do it daily if the weather allows. Something I used to do every day but one of the things that has drifted out of my daily routine. I did take a few photo's whilst out and then when I got home, decided to see what the zoom capabilities on my new phone camera were. Not bad!! 
The Tor (left) from my bedroom window and with zoom (right). 


Next week is looking reasonably quiet. I'm in work for my usual Sunday, Monday and then in for a meeting on Tuesday. Hopefully if the weather allows, I will be back walking with my friend Lynn on Thursday, it's been ages. Hope you've had a positive start to 2023. I'm determined to see some improvement to my health over the next few months. Only I can make the changes and hopefully reap the rewards, so it really is the best foot forward and practice what I preach!!

No comments: