Sunday 14 January 2024

Half way through!

Made the most of my day off!


Only had Monday off this week, so headed over to the Newt, my first visit of the year. My aim is to go at least once a month, to get the most out of my membership and enjoy the changing seasons. Am not going to lie, it was freezing but......


....the fire pit, on arrival, was a most welcome sight.


Whatever the weather, there's always something to see.


Lynn and I met up on Tuesday, as I was working in the afternoon and the rest of the week. Another freezing cold walk, up and around the tour, to kick start the year


It's hard to know where to walk at this time of year, with everywhere so wet and muddy. We stuck to roads and firm tracks and warmed up with a coffee and some toast at Middlewick.


It's hard to think we're already half way through the month. Walking, work, daffodils and good telly certainly help get me through the month. The traitors is brilliant TV, although the Friday cliff hanger is super annoying. I think the first series was better as it was all so new and you didn't really know all the twists and turns. They aren't following the exact same format but people are more clued up, although still making some ridiculous decisions. Worth a watch!


So I have been in this week for exam invigilation and another day in the Gallery. I think I commented before, it's a million miles away from my previous job in Sainsbury's and for the better!!


I'm happier, less stressed and not going home in pain!


And I'm enjoying a lazy Sunday at home. I used to think working a Sunday was okay, better than a Saturday. But having worked the past two Saturdays and now enjoying a chilled out Sunday, I was wrong! Feels much more restful. Maybe because I crammed things in on a Saturday as I knew I had to work a Sunday!?! Who knows.....?


Still the best £1 you'll spend in January!


And outside too, in amongst the weeds and the moss, we have daffodil  'beginnings' x 
Every year, Jeff plants a few more bulbs in the lawn, and every Winter we wait for Spring to do it's thing! It's always such a simple but lovely thing to see in January. The promise of warmer, brighter days ahead. The week ahead looks cold but on the whole, sunny. Could get a flutter of snow midweek!?! I've a few more exams penciled in and my final Saturday in the Gallery for the Student Exhibition. I'm then back in in mid February for The Sustainable Art Exhibition. I like this pattern of a few busy weeks, then a couple of weeks off, then back in for another busy few weeks, then a few weeks off......it evens out nearly 50/50. I don't mind doing Saturdays, as I know it's not every Saturday and I know I get all of July, August and December off and the rest of Jeff's holidays. I've just given my availability for the summer exams, over an 8 week period. I think it'll be just about enough money to continue to pay for the nice things and stop me having to do something else....so far, so good!

No comments: