Sunday 28 January 2024

The end is in sight!!

I do not like January!


So I'm glad we are nearing the end of the month!
Spotted these gorgeous lambs out on my walk the other day, so cute!
Seemed very early though.


Spotted snowdrops too!


Lynn and I walked on Thursday. I haven't done very much walking this week, been tied to my computer 'holiday planning' most of the week instead. It needed to be done and once you get into researching places, you don't want to stop, in case you forget where you were up to.


I looked out of the window at 4.30 each evening instead, to see the starlings!!


So yes, I've pretty much spent my whole week in this corner of my kitchen, plotting out our Greek adventure. Barr a couple of coffee dates with friends, that has been my whole week.


I do enjoy the process, but I'm not gonna lie, this has felt a bit of a slog at times. Partly due to budget, partly leaving it a tad too late to get a better/bigger choice of accommodation for our budget, partly as I needed Jeff to confer with, partly the sheer scale of the task! How long to stay for on each island, in each resort, the ferry connections, budget, accommodation requirements, proximity to the sea....and so the list goes on!!  


I worked it all out eventually, in time to present it all to Jeff today. Came up with a couple of choices of resort on each island, 5 or so different accommodations on a short list and then presented it all to Jeff. There's only one I'm not sure about our final decision, which I shall revisit with fresh eyes tomorrow. 
Here are three out of the seven we've booked!

Santorini

Antiparos

Syros

But on the whole, I think we've done okay and we've come under the £100 a night budget. Still need to book all the ferries but have worked out the route and know what is available. Just need to look at it a little more, as we think you can get a sort of pass for multiple journeys.


The other main focus of my week, has been on the final three episodes of .....
....The Traitors....
best bit of TV in a long time!!

LOVED IT!

Have got a busy week ahead. Am trying to catch up with friends before half term and I start back in the gallery 4 days a week. My only free day is Monday, so need to get lots done.

Have a good week x

No comments: