Sunday 7 January 2024

Week one already done!

The first week of the year done!!


I always like to start the year off with fresh Spring flowers.
In my opinion, this is the best £1 you can spend in January!


Bright, cheery, daffodils x


The start of the week was soggy, so I decided to just crack on with inside jobs.
The Box room for starters.....it's now super tidy and organised!


We binge watched the 4 part ITV drama 'Mr Bates vs the Post Office'. An excellent drama based on a true story, but bloody disgraceful what those poor people went through/are still going through! A devastating, tough watch! Lives lost, lives ruined, absolutely shocking! And still no one has been made accountable. I can't even begin to imagine what they are/have gone through!


I spent my Wednesday afternoon in our local cinema. Managed to catch Wonka before it came to an end. Glad I made the effort, a very enjoyable watch. Although, normally when I go to an afternoon matinee, with free coffee and biscuits, it's me and just half a dozen others, who are normally a good 20 years plus older than me. Today I got the last seat, as the kids were still off school.


Thursday it finally stopped raining! I was meant to go in and invigilate an exam in the afternoon but that got cancelled. I spent a couple of hours over at Ham Wall instead. I love it over there but the tracks are so wet and muddy and flooded in places, it was just a case of sticking to the main footpaths.


Still, got my first encounter of the year with the friendly Tits......


....and robins x


Friday I had to go over to Shepton to get my hair cut. There is so much flooding about, that I gave myself plenty of time. Managed to capture the Tor reflected in the flood plains. We have had so much rain and there are a number of impassable roads locally. I think, next week is supposed to be drier, it needs to be, just to clear some of this water!


So 2024 has got off to a soggy start outside.....
.....inside it's looking bright and cheery x


Friday evening I was invited to the Private View of the Student Exhibition up at Millfield.
A complete showcase of work, from Pre-Prep right the way up to A Level.
It was busy! I did my best to mingle but really did not know anyone, so felt a little bit of a spare part but I'm sure that feeling will ease as time goes on.


And so on Saturday, I officially started my role as Gallery Invigilator...


.....in the Atkinson Gallery.


My spot!!


Sadly, I'm not able to share the fantastic Student work on display in the exhibition, as it's current exam work and can't be shared on social media. If you are local however, you can pop in and have a look around.


I'm just in for a few Saturdays for this exhibition, but will do 4 consecutive days in two 5 week blocks for the outside exhibitions. One in February/March and another in September/October.


I had quite a few visitors and honestly, it couldn't be more different from Sainsbury's. It was cold, that's the only comparison. Will need to layer up more next week!! But it wasn't stressful, I didn't feel anxious and I didn't go home exhausted, dreading my next shift!! So a huge win for me!! And it was nice to have a reason to dress a little smarter x

Went into town today to buy a gillet !!
Jeff is refereeing this afternoon, so a chilled Sunday...
....what a treat!

Next week is busy, invigilating A Level mocks. They're peppered over the week, so hopefully, if it remains dry, I can squeeze in a walk or two too!
Have a good week x


 

No comments: