Saturday 8 August 2020

Making the most of the sunshine!


Another busy week and some decent sunshine!
On Monday we celebrated our 24th Wedding Anniversary. We didn't do anything, I actually still worked, we're saving ourselves for the big '25' next year and our trip to Greece, all being well!!


We did swap cards though x


My sister popped in en route back from Cornwall for a cuppa, socially distanced of course. 
It was lovely to have a catch up. 


Thursday was a day of errands. Sophie needed the bank so we popped over to Wells. We had birthday balloons to collect, brownies to bake and presents to wrap, for the birthday boy. 


I shared in my previous post Sam's actual birthday but after writing, we got to enjoy his birthday brownies. He'd rather have these than a cake any day!! And no candles this year, just this gigantic sparkler - good job we were able to be outside!


Sadly we had confirmation that our trip to Prague has been cancelled. Obviously we're disappointed, but Sam and I agree it's for the best and it probably wouldn't have been the Prague we were hoping to see. We'll just have to park it away for another time. Maybe we'll get to grab a few days together some time during his Gap Year to go visit, if safe to do so and of course, if he gets the results he hopes for, to have a Gap Year!!


Jeff and I made the most of the sunshine and headed back over to Burton Bradstock. We were on the beach by 9am, nearly had the place to ourselves. Jeff swam and I paddled, although could have 'possibly' been persuaded to go in, had I had my cossie! It did get busy but there was still plenty of space to keep your distance and to be fair we were gone by 2pm.


Home to a lovely alfresco tea and refreshing San Miguel!

I have to work tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday........ 
so these lovely days are there to make the most of, whilst we can x

No comments: