Sunday 24 December 2023

Final Festive Touches x


This post seems very rushed. I've run out of time to do anything more, but I just wanted to say a big thank you if you still take the time to check in here. It really has become a bit of a diary, but it's great for me to look back through. So if you have stuck with me over the years or are new!?
..... thank you and I'd just like to wish you all a ......


.....very Merry Christmas from us all xx


Because I was poorly and out of action for 6 days, I've been playing catch up!
Lots of wrapping...


....but boy do I HATE the stickers they put on the rolls of wrapping paper. 
Such a time waster!



But worth it in the end!
I LOVE wrapping presents x


Trips to Tesco's, early birds at M&S to collect the turkey and a final Sainsbury's BIG shop on Saturday at 8am, and we're done. What we don't have now, we do without, until I have to go back in on Wednesday, to buy food for our family gathering on Thursday!


Brownies got made!


And finally, I'm back to drinking coffee, just in time x
(stopped due to being poorly)


Today all the Christmas crockery came out of my Christmas cupboard.


Such joy seeing all my lovely Christmas bits!


I promised Sophie we'd make more effort to play a few more games this Christmas. We didn't really play much on holiday in the summer, as I was being bitten alive by the mozzies, so I am being more 'present' and spending time with them all, although not a fan of chess!!


For the first time in a long time, we all prepped the Christmas veg together! I think Sam said he's got out of doing it for the past 8 years!!! How?? But now he is a 'professional potato peeler' at the Greek restaurant he works in, he has no excuse x


Family time x


Then after veg prep, we settled down to a game of pairs!


Every year, for after Christmas lunch, I come up with a game! Last year, it was build a lego block photo. Two years ago, it was a jigsaw puzzle with a pic of me and each of them on. 


This year, I got a pairs game printed, with photos of us all from this past year. I persuaded everyone to play it this afternoon, because we can repeat it tomorrow and I have another activity planned for lunch. 


I then thought everyone could take their favourite squares if they wanted, 
pop a sticky magnet or blutac on the back and make use of them! 
The pictures are great quality, from a company called Cewe UK if you are interested..


Traditional Christmas Eve tea, M&S sausage roll wreath.....


...... and a Greek beer, thanks to Sam's boss!
Yamas!


So all that's left for me to do, before I go and sit on the sofa, is wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Hope tomorrow is a wonderful day for you all x

Merry Christmas x

No comments: