Friday 29 December 2023

Merry Greek Family Christmas


As the years have gone by, Christmas's change, new traditions evolve... 
For the past few years I've hosted a family meal here after Christmas, for my side of the family and last year I decided to give it an Italian theme. This year I went Greek.
It's just to add a little fun to proceedings and with Sam working in a Greek restaurant and with Jeff and I looking forward to our trip to Greece in the summer, it was an easy choice.


My Cornishware blue stripe plates came into their own!
Some bunting, napkins and a Greek flag, all from Amazon, added to the mix!




Delicious Greek salad, with feta on the side!
I'm not a feta fan!!


Jeff and I colour co-ordinated in blue x


I'm not sure what everyone else thinks....do they really even notice or care!?! 
But I like to do it anyway!


My sister, her husband and my niece come over from Bath....


....and mum and dad came up from Cornwall.


Me and my sister x


Yamas!
Beers kindly gifted by Sam's Greek boss Mario xx
Very much appreciated x


I went for Greek wraps, tzatziki, chicken, Greek salad, feta, olives.....


......onions, peppers, french fries, crispy potato slices.


My sister brought baklava and fresh dates...


.....and made a baked cheesecake.


Lunch for nine!









A few family pics....


.....before we swapped and opened Christmas presents.



As I said before, you're never too old for Lego!!





I persuaded my Mum and Dad to stay the night, rather than drive back to Cornwall.....


.....so we had an extra morning of their company xx

Will have to think what to do for next year! Italian and Greek food are my favourite!


καλά Χριστούγεννα

No comments: