Sunday 4 February 2024

Wicked!

Pinch and a punch......


.....hello February!
YAY! I survived January! In fact I'd say it came and went quite quickly!!


It's been a bust week, catching up with friends before I start work in the gallery after half term. I walked with Lynn on Tuesday, so we could squeeze in a walk. She's off to Spain and then it's half term and then I'm working....... Everywhere is so muddy at the moment, so we decided to walk some of the Glastonbury Mural trail.


There are 50 murals dotted around the town.


We only found 14 of the official murals, so can go again and tick off a few more.


It was deceptively cold, in fact it was blumin freezing, so we warmed up in Fara! 
A really nice, but very expensive coffee shop. A once in a while treat, I think!

The Tor, Thursday morning.

I met up with my friend Nicky in the afternoon for more coffee!! Dropped her home, and as we sat outside her house, engine idling, there was a pop and a load of smoke/steam came out of the engine. Thankfully Jeff enjoys tinkering with cars and has managed to work out the problem and is currently (Sunday) working his magic now, to fix it and get it back on the road! 

The sky Thursday evening.

When I got home, Sophie was back. They're doing work on the rail tracks overnight where she lives in Cardiff, so she decided to come here and work from home, as we were meeting up at the weekend anyway. Good job she did, as she's been poorly, possible tonsillitis, so she actually ended up having a sick day on Thursday and spent it in bed or on the sofa!


On Wednesday, I met up with a friend for lunch and hear all about her recent trip to New York. Sophie and I hope to go in a year or two, we're giving ourselves a bit of time to save up, as we want to spend a week there, if we can afford it. I squeezed in a trip to the doctor's on my way! I received a missed call the evening before, rang to check and it was the doctors, offering me a cancellation slot to get my steroid injection in my shoulder. I've been on the waiting list now for 3 months!! So I had to take it. I think I'm entering the thawing stage! I have less pain, a tiny bit more movement but still can't move my arm behind my back. I'm hoping with the injection, I can improve this. 


Thursday, and I had a day out planned, treating my friend, a former Sainsbury's colleague, to a day out at the Newt. She's retiring in July and I had a free guest pass, so thought we'd combine the two. I treated her to a visit and brunch in the garden cafe. Something she would have never otherwise done.


We really lucked out on the weather, the most beautiful day.


And lots of signs of Spring about!


Thankfully Sophie was feeling a bit brighter on Friday. We changed our plans slightly, leaving home later, missing out on a days shopping in Bristol, but at least she felt well enough to see.....


.....WICKED!


Bought these tickets back in Jan 2023, last saw it in March 2015 
and had wanted to see it again ever since! 


Met my sister and niece there. It’s an incredible show, just spoilt by my view. ....


.....of all the people to sit in front of me! 
The annoying thing was, it wasn't even his paid for seat. He moved across into the spare seat in front of me, so he and his partner could have more room, 3 seats between them!! He would have blocked Sophie's view though, had he been in his correct seat! I did ask to move but got told I couldn't until the interval. So the first half was really spoilt to be fair. He kept moving and leaning into the extra seat, which restricted my view even more. Soooo annoying!


We also stumbled upon the Bristol Light Festival . Had no idea it was on, what a bonus! 
Caught a couple of the installations on our walk down through Bristol to the Hippodrome.


I went all the way to London last year to see Evanescent by Atelier Sisu ....


.....and here it was, in Bristol, on College Green! 
 So lucky, definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time x


Had a quiet day on Saturday. Sophie headed home after tea, so she could have a lazy Sunday at home. Jeff and I were going out anyway!! Yes! a rare 'something together' in term time. 


Nothing too exciting, just down the road to Strode Theatre, in the Studio. It's a tiny venue but it's local and we feel you should support local when you can! Had a better view!!!


We watched the film 'Next Goal Wins'. 
Based on a true story about the American Samoa national football team, ''considered one of the weakest soccer teams in the world, and it's attempt to qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, having previously lost to Australia 31-0''. It was okay, an easy watch! We've booked to see another film in half term. Like I said, if we don't use it, we lose it, so we're trying to go a bit more, support it if there's something worth seeing. 


A quiet Sunday here. 
I think I appreciate them more after my Sainsbury's days, running around like a mad woman for 8 hours. It's grey but dry. Jeff's been out all morning fixing my car, I've been pottering inside, in the warm. So just one more week, then half term. I've a couple more friends to catch up with this week, got my breast screening appointment, an internal exam invigilation slot booked in, then half term. We've got a few days in Cornwall planned, it's Shrove Tuesday and Valentines! Jeff has the dentist, we have our film date x We don't go away in February half term, Jeff just needs to chill but we'll get the ferries booked for our Greek trip, start to plan out the detail of our Italian adventure and give some thought to what we want to do in October half term. We've booked the flights but have no accommodation booked yet, so I want a rough idea of our plans, so I can start looking. Lots of warmer, sunnier days to look forward to x

No comments: